Coral Identification Website

SeaBee has been a big help sofar to help get more stuff added to the site if anyone else gets a chance feel free to send me some new coral pic's or check out the site :)

There are ALOT of corals out there....and some of the weird names we give them stop at state borders...You've got a full time job on your hands.

Sometimes the common name stops at the street when you leave the LFS!!!

Awesome idea you have there, Pwny. I agree with Paul about the wiki like feature. Then all you would have to do is keep incorrect info out of it.

Cool site,
I'm wondering if down the road, when you have 100's of corals per category, you may want to change the way you organize the interface. For example you'll have a huge lists of names, but why not put a small picture beside each one for people that just want to look for a cool looking coral instead of having to click on every single link.

Thanks to everyone sofar thats sent in pictures i was thinking of starting to add care tips under the corals let me know what you guys think. Let me know if there are more things you would like to see added to this list.

Lighting - Low / Medium / High
Waterflow - Low / Medium / High
Placement - Bottom / Middle / Top
Diet - Photosynthetic / Meaty / Zooplankton/Phytoplankton and so on

Last edited:
Great idea, i'll try and send some pics this weekend. Also a good idea to click on those little links at the bottom (ads), whether you need stuff or not to help support the site.

i havent done updates to ite for past 2 weeks or so because im waiting for a new liquid cooling to come in for my main comp. but good news it should be here tomarow, ill try and get care tips and such in this weekend as long as my pc is back up and running. if anyone has pic's they want on the site please e-mail them to [email protected] with there name if you know it.

-Brian

www.coraldictionary.com

im still having problems with my main comp they sent me the wrong part for the 2nd time for my liquid cooling

ill get it up ASAP when i get my main comp back, im also talking with some people to try and get a better nav setup on the site.

2/3's of the care tips are on the site i still need to do LPS stuff ill get to it a bit later I’m still working on a improved nav system for the site, i haven’t found one just right yet. I'll finish up working on care tips later tonight or tomorrow and a little more content. If people want anything else added to care tips let me know please or if you have picture’s for coral you want featured on the website let me know, it could use a lot more of everything especially sps. [email protected] is my e-mail for submitting pictures.

-Brian

Ok one more update I changed the nav so its pictures then you can click them to get to their care tips and such. I will be playing with it a bit more later to try and get the names to show up over the corals still and see if there is a way to add spacers to it. Let me know what you guys think of the new nav setup, I’ll get the LPS care tips up tomorrow I got sidetrack playing with the nav.
-Brian

Ok so I have finished all current coral care tips, keep sending me corals and I will update when I can! Also I changed the navigation to picture’s to try and improve the system but it still isn’t what I would like it to be. Feel free to give me feedback on the Website and I will do my best to improve it. This is still a work in progress but I feel like it has a good base to start from now. Thank you to all that have helped to support the site so far.

-Brian

Back