Coral Morphologic

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I ordered some ricordeas from Coral Morphologic yesterday (Coral Morphologic - Live Corals). They have excellent prices, and shipping is free for orders over $250. About 2 hours after I placed my order, Colin (the owner) called me on the phone to thank me for my business, and asked if I wanted it shipped that day or the next day. I said, "Send them out today!" So, today my ricordeas came and I'm very pleased.

The corals were packaged very well. Not only are they great colors, but about half of them have more than one mouth. Some places will count each mouth of the coral, so you end up getting less coral for your money.

And Colin added a note to the box that he threw in an extra ricordea for free! I counted, and sure enough he did. I highly recommend this vendor. You can check out pictures of the ricordeas in my contest thread, I'll be posting them later tonight.

The only "complaint" I have (which is minor, so it barely counts) is that some of the rubble pieces the corals were mounted to could stand to be larger. But I have ordered stuff from other places that didn't even come mounted on anything, so a little rock is better than nothing.

I ordered from these guys and shipment was delivered July 9th. They held my order for a week and a half until it was convenient for me :Cheers: +1
There are some pos and negs but overall I am quite satisfied with them.

First off here is what I ordered from them:
Ric 4 Pack - $35.00
1.) 65 Polyps - Pink-Lavender -> Blue -> Green Skirts $27.00
2.) 35 Polyps - Neon Green -> Purple/Blue -> Neon Green Skirts $19.00
3.) 30 Polyps - Silver-Green -> Purple ->Silver $15.00
4.) 40 Polyps - Neon Green -> Teal -> Chocolate Skirts $19.00
5.) 37 Polyps - Blue / Yellow Skirts Z. sociatus $17.00
6.) 23 Polyps - Pink -> Blue -> Green Skirts $13.00

Subtotal: $145.00 Shipping cost: $29.00
Total: $174.00
Then I added another order before my first one shipped out, and they tacked it on with this one for free(no extra shipping) :Cheers: +1
7.) 50 Polyps - Neon Green -> Blue -> Chocolate Skirts $24.00
8.) 33 Lg Polyps - Green -> Aqua -> Forest Green Skirts $16.00
Subtotal: $40.00 Shipping cost: $0.00
Total: $40.00
And here are some of their pics combined with some of mine (After I got them in the tank and situated a while):

Since it won't let me merg with my pics b/c they photoshop their pics :grumble: -1 I will do it this way:

1.) (b1) 65 Polyps - Pink-Lavender - Blue - Green Skirts $27.jpg2.)(b2) 35 Polyps - Neon Green - PurpleBlue - Neon Green Skirts $19.jpg3.)(c1) 30 Polyps - Silver-Green - Purple -Silver $15.jpg4.)(c3) 40 Polyps - Neon Green - Teal - Chocolate Skirts $19.jpg5.)(d2) 37 Polyps - Blue  Yellow Skirts Z. sociatus $17.jpg6.)(f4) 23 Polyps - Pink - Blue - Green Skirts $13.jpg7.)image.php.jpg8.)image2.php.jpg

And Mine:
1.) Lavander bug.jpg 2.) Bug.jpg 3.) 3.jpg 4.) 4.jpg
5.) 5.jpg 6.) 6.jpg 7.) 8.jpg 8.) 7.jpg
1 & 2 Had bugs in them when they arrived... I didn't know why it looked like they were bleaching so I diped them and bugs came out : / #2 actually had one polyp full of eggs. That polyp had to go. :grumble: -1
Also, most of the frags are growing on like sea shells, and growing in a ball literally.... I had to do surgery and try to pull them apart the best I could and had a real hard time getting them mounted on something :grumble: -1
Ric 4 Pack:
Rics.jpg
#2&3 are actually the same frag, both those mushrooms came on a a piece of wood. 3 was actually same color but much larger with 3 mouths.:Cheers: +1
But I regret to say that I did not get a pic of it then.. it fell behind some rocks and was back there for over a month! so now its small and albino >_< And now, the small one 2 fell of the wood and into the rocks! =*( :grumble: -1 Crappy mounts for the corals, wood or sometimes almost nothing but a speck of rock!
But! #1 is now 2 purple Rics! And the green one #5 has 2 mouths and about to split!
But wait! A BONUS!
BONUS.jpg
Yup! Colin threw in a Bonus Frag! :Cheers: +1

Last edited:
Summary:
Pros)

• Customer service (Held order, added another, good communication, aware of weather) :Cheers: +1
  • Great Prices (Especially Ric Packs!) :Cheers: +1
  • Extra Rics, with multiple mouths! :Cheers: +1
  • BONUS Frag :mrgreen: :Cheers: +1
Cons)

• Photoshop Pics :grumble: -1
  • Bugs (Make sure to dip your Zoas!) :grumble: -1
  • Bad Frag mounts & Zoas growing in a ball :grumble: -1
Overall I am satisfied with Coral Morphologic! And I believe if you have this prior knowledge before ordering you will know what to expect and can prepare for those things and take care of them accordingly. :Cheers: And get a great deal on some great corals!
Sign up on their site and get E-mails as soon as they put up a new batch for sale! That's how I found so many attractive ones at the same time, get them before they go :smile:

Hope you enjoy my review, it was quite time consuming >_<!

Last edited:
Hahaha! Great review! What kind of bugs are you talking about? Your pic is of a bristleworm, which is a beneficial hitch hiker, not a bad guy.

yea, oops. That was the only pic of a bug from the dip I got. It looks diff than the bristle worms I'm used to seeing are very long..

Here's the quote from my post on the bug:
I seen clear worm about a centimeter long crawling out of it, and when I started splitting it in half I noticed one of the zoas was filled with little white balls(eggs I would presume) so I killed the worm with a razor blade and scraped all the eggs out(ruining a polyp) and rinsed it out good.

Anyways, got rid of em and zoas are doing fine :)

Ulta thanks for such a detailed review. I have ordered from them 4 times now and pretty much know what to expect. I agree about the mountings and sometimes the colors are not what they actually show.

Oh and those blue spotlight ones... I couldn't get them to be blue under any lighting and I tried everything even a blue LED. :)

Last edited:
Back