Coral Predators - ID

bkv1997

Reef enthusiast
Well guys with all the talk about using caution with corals at the frag swap I wanted to start this thread to show you guys some pics of actual predators and links on how to rid these etc. Don't want to redo others work or take credit for it so just follow the links... for great pics etc.

Zoanthid Eating Nudibranches
ZoaID.com! :: The definitive repository for named Zoanthids!

lSundial Snails - Zoa pest

Spiders - Zoa pest

SPS Preditors - Spiders, Red Bugs, Acro Eating Flat Worms
Reef Central Online Community - SPS PREADATORS Red bugs, AEFW's ,Monti nudis and Sea spiders. Pictures Inside

Montipora Nudis
Reef Central Online Community - Monti-eating nudibranchs?

Some Good quick reading.
Maintaining a Reef Aquarium: Pests Invading the Reef Aquarium Hobby: Part 1 - Red Bugs & Nudibranchs
Pests Invading the Reef Aquarium Hobby: Part 2 - Flatworms, Snails & Limpets

Last edited:
My finds from todays Frag Swap... Woo Hoo gotta love freebies.

HitchHikers.jpg

I'm just trying to make you guys aware... even the LFS have these and its best if everyone knows about it and treats each coral before adding it to their tank.

yeah I have a new analogy for you. Trading corals without taking precautions (ie. dipping, quarantine etc...) is like having uprotected sex with multiple partners. Your trading with everyone they've ever traded with and its just a matter of time before you get something you don't want...

If you must get your quick fix then pray you get crabs and not AIDs lol...

/donny

shoot man i'm of the persuasion I'd rather have a few moments on the peak of the mountain than an lifetime of spent just short of the climax... ;)

That being said, if I can find a way in which I might enjoy a few more mountains by way of a few precautions then I'd say call me precautious...

/donny

Ok i'm going to just start deleting posts that are unrelated to the thread they are posted in...

Gwen where you at I'm about to start "Policing". HEHE.

brandon I think my post was relevant, but then I was deceived into further off topic proliferations by this man know as ironman... :o

so uhh... its his fault.. and he's scary...

I feel so ashamed.... :P

/d

hey brandon, do you really want to ack like you have some kind of power again! I mean what coral is gonna have to die next? pink lemonade? dendro? perhaps a short in your two tunze pumps? I guess I could shoot the other leg:shock:

I use tropic marine pro coral cure sold at bermuda.

If they are out you can also use kent's lugol's folowing the dip recommendation on the instructions.

Brandon

I have a new coral predator I just learned of last night. Brandons wife ;)... She can contaminate your pots with ammonia and add tap water to your tank when your not looking...

Back