Coral Tank

BigH55

I'm that guy
Looking to get a 15-25 gal tank for my zoos. want it to be about 6-10" tall. Anyone know where I can get one. I think it would be a great tank for frags and zoo colonies.

At that size I would just make one, wouldnt be very hard or expensive as long as you have a local glass cutter. Just order it with polished/beveled edges.

about a week if there not real busy, you can call them and see. they don't ship glass tanks only acrylic. if you want big tank or glass they make deliveries to different parts of missouri and illinois to lfs and you would have to pic it up from there tractor trailer while they make there deliveries.

Glass cages has them or you can make one. There is a guy in the Saint Louis area that is selling panes of glass cheap. You would need to cut it down and silicone it together.

I ordered the tank today. Got the 29 with euro bracing and no black trim. Cant wait to get it hopefully it gets here by this weekend so I can get it up and running. If not ill build the canopy for the display tank.

Yes. it yurns out it is a 1/2 29gal. so ill have a 15 gal frag/fuge tank. Im hoping after a few months ill be able to support a mandarin in it. Ive got a 96 watt corallife PC fixture im going to run over the top of it do you guys think this will be enough for some acro frags? Also, im going to build a stand witha bookshelf behind it so I can put my fish books and supplies on it with a cabinet underneith. Kinda like a big fish entertainment center. Ill post pics on the build of it.

Would you guys put sand in the bottom of it or leave it bare bottom? also, do you think I could built a chaeto box in there for pods? I really want to keep a mandarin in it too.

Your going to be looking at it and I'm sure you want it to at least look fairly natural.And I doubt you'd find a natural wild reef thats bare bottomed.
Yeah,I'd at least have enough sand to look good.
Run a small HOB filter for the chaeto.

BOOO. I figured that. I have no plans as of now to build a fuge too. It would be cool but the misses wont have it. I guess I could use it as a QT instead.

Back