Coraline algae bleaching

Ya I thought about it too but whats the point of having a nano then. I like the way they look as just a little cube. Its more of a challenge. Your always trying new techniques and tricks just because everything is so basic. BTW i had to replace the powerhead in mine after 8 months. I put in a maxi-jet 900.

yeah i like they way they look also thats why i put in cleaner clams since they bury themselves in sand your never know they are there good filter feeders. Plus don't need anymore halides running up power bill and heating up living room more than it is.

Back to your corraline algae, do you have a sea urchin or chocolate chip starfish?

what lights do you have and how old are they?

I had all (that was growing on my glass) Die off after moving my tank.I wouldnt worry to much about it , it will come back in time..Maybe some purple up could help...

NO more urchin.... he got donated to my LFS. I guess they dont just eat the surface of the coraline. They physicaly grind all of the coraline off.

i think they will even take a little rock with it. that's why i got rid of mine. traded him in a the lfs for a clown goby, two turbo snails, and two hermit crabs. best deal i made in a long time. bought long spined urchin for 10 bucks. fed him unwanted algae for about 4 months, let him grow 5 times the size from when i purchased him. then traded him in for 20 bucks worth of stuff.

i think they will even take a little rock with it. that's why i got rid of mine. traded him in a the lfs for a clown goby, two turbo snails, and two hermit crabs. best deal i made in a long time. bought long spined urchin for 10 bucks. fed him unwanted algae for about 4 months, let him grow 5 times the size from when i purchased him. then traded him in for 20 bucks worth of stuff.
I didnt even try to trade..... I was just grateful to give it a good home other than the freezer.

Back