coralline algee?

emmett0122

Reef enthusiast
is this coraline algee

Attachments

• 0501132056.jpg
    0501132056.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 404
good thats what iwas hopeing it was the LR right behind it has some small specs as well on the shaded side of the rock

Shells or crushed coral it could still be a problem down the road. Uneaten food and fish waste will get trapped. These replies to posts are not meant to offend just help.

well its like this ive been around fish tanks my whole life as long as you dont over feed keep up with water changes and keep it vacuumed it wont cause any problems its the people that dont keep up with the tank are the one who would have problems in ten months i have never had a nitrate problem this may be my first saltwater tank but not my first time with fish tanks

Well it's like this:

Saltwater and freshwater are two completely different animals. What you have is referred to in the hobby as "crushed coral" which can also include shells.

The majority of us use animals (what is referred to as a "clean up crew") to keep our sandbeds clean. If you want to do the extra maintenance and keep things vacuumed on a weekly basis, have at it. But down the road when you have nitrate problems the first thing we're going to suggest to you is swapping out your substrate. Not that you would listen. Since you have ALL the experience you need.

there is no chrushed coral it is all shells and i do have sand mixed in with it and as far as the the two being different yes they are all but one the thing THE NITROGEN CYCLE it works the same in both

and another thing they say its best to do a 10% water change weekly the only way i hat to do that is a gravel cleaner so its not hard to clean them when i do my water changes

i listen to alot but its how people word things i know how to controll my nitrate they never go over ten the stuff i ask for help with is stuff growing in my tank and how to care for different critters that go in my tank i have spent over grand so far on my set up and not just to have a tank full of sick critters and i do know about the cuc i do take peoples advice on here as the case with the anemone that you posted on

Last edited:
Subtle nuances are often lost in written communication.

In my eyes, you responded with a bit of attitude, so you got some back. Apologies if that wasn't the case.

well i apologize to im not trying to a but hole or think i know everything but i have had some really rude people on here before. but as far as the shells go i am thinking of getting rid of them just for the fact down the road i would like to put a clam in my tank and not sure if it would like it or not but that is down the road

Looks like everyone is saying what i said on your other post about the substrate. I think your idea is best to remove it and go with just sand. Remeber do fresh water fish are in a much smaller volume of water than Saltwater fish, So alot of things that freshwater fish can put up with aint really true of Saltwater fish. Take it slow Best advice i ever got. Trust me i rushed things at first and it was a waste of time and money and alot of hardship.

who is rushing anything? and i know how the bioload works if you read everything i posted its fine i dont have to change it if i dont want too and if you read all of my post you would see where i said i was thinking of getting rid of it

Back