could i do this?!

yeah no problem at all. but if you're drilling your tank I really wouldn't bother using the BW's.

my last tank was full SPS, 60g cube with 20g sump, big skimmer and that's all, berlin method all the way :P

Agreed.We as hobbiest tend to over-complicate things to begin with.So the more simple you keep your stuff,IMO,The better its going to do and easier its going to be to maintain.

okay so this belin method... i get a 20 gallon tank have water come in go thru the live rock then into the skimmer and out (via a pump) back into the tank..?

do i have to put a divider in between the live rock and the skimmer?
explain in detail please!!

okay so this belin method... i get a 20 gallon tank have water come in go thru the live rock then into the skimmer and out (via a pump) back into the tank..?

do i have to put a divider in between the live rock and the skimmer?
explain in detail please!!

berlin method. to keep it very simple, you don't really have to have baffles in a small sump like you'll have. Just make sure your skimmer is dialed in properly (unless it's a remora and it's good to go!) and that you keep a filter sock on there.... and you should be fine. (not truely berlin, but better)

roughly 600gph would be great on a return pump for your tank. there is no reason to go larger, I'm actually a believer that sump flow through should be rather slow, otherwise you're just returning dirty water.... but that's a whole 'nother thread :P

Agreed.We as hobbiest tend to over-complicate things to begin with.So the more simple you keep your stuff,IMO,The better its going to do and easier its going to be to maintain.

I love you, you just said the most true thing ever, and perfectly described my marketing method on customer installs :P :bounce::bounce:

You actually have 2 choices there.
#1-You can set it up as a refugium with live rock.You'd put a divider between the skimmer section and the rock,then another divider between the rock and return pump.This way will let you add even more rock for biological filtration.
#2-You could also just put the live rock in your display and run your skimmer and heater in the sump.Then you'd only need one divider to seperate the skimmer and return sections.
Either way will work just fine.

I love you, you just said the most true thing ever, and perfectly described my marketing method on customer installs :P :bounce::bounce:

HAHAHA
Great minds think alike I reckon:mrgreen:
Gadgets are great,IF you like to mess with the latest and greatest high dollar toys.Personally,I'd rather spend my money on corals.:D
Shoot,I've got a lightly used calcium reactor sitting beside my tank.Its not even hooked up.I got an ACjr that I just use to keep a check on temp and PH.
All those toys are awesome.But all it takes is one little mistake in the set up or programming to wipe out the whole tank.

Back