Couple of ID's

Muck

Reefing newb
The first one, im assuming is some type of pod but it seems to be bigger than most pod pics i see (which seem to be near-microscopic). This one i mainly see around my button polyps but this pic was caught on a lace rock im trying to seed...

the 2nd pic is fairly small and growing beside a couple of the polyps. has a swaying motion and is pretty small, they all retract like a fan worm when something touches them. assuming they are harmless but still would like to know exactly what it is.

Thanks!

Attachments

• pod.jpg
    pod.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 325
  • polyp.jpg
    polyp.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 292
First looks like an amphipod...second is a harmless little feather duster if you mean the red thing....they rest look like hydriods. They will pop up all over the place.

yea i knew the red thing was a feather duster, i was referring to the big cluster in the middle, do i need to get rid of those?

Ya, hydroids are nasty. Also you should use lava (lace) rock in your tank. It will leach nasty stuff out into your tank which will either feed algae or poison your inverts.

+1 Hannah
Get those outta there YESTERDAY!!!!
They will completely take over a tank on no time.To the point that all you can do trash all the rock and start over.

+1 Hannah
Get those outta there YESTERDAY!!!!
They will completely take over a tank on no time.To the point that all you can do trash all the rock and start over.

ha, theyre already gone :D luckily the section of rock they were on fragged off pretty easily so hopefully they dont come back.

Back