Cowry snail

valf

Reefing newb
Does anyone know if the Jenneria pustulata cowry snail is safe for a reef tank? Much thanks for your advice.

We're trying to figure this out. We bought what we thought was just a reef-safe snail but the LFS person who sold it to us...I find out now....doesn't know anything and thought it was just another snail. yikes...! We're trying to find out if we should get it out of the tank. It's relatively small (1/2") with orange bumps on its shell. I assume its a Jenneria pustulata, at least that's what it looks like online. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! We're "newbees" (and it sounds like our LFS is too!)

Actually our LFS sold it to us but she thought it was just a snail...I guess this my first lesson as a newbee...make sure we know what we're putting in our tank. I'm hoping we can find out if this species of snail is harmless or harmful and I hope someone can provide us with the info. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks to all for your responses. We researched it and found out that Jenner's cowry is, in fact, a coral predator so we were fortunate that our LFS took him back. Better safe than sorry. Hope he gets a good home.

Back