Crazy blue ribbon eel

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
OK this is amazing-- I just happened to walk into the room with my 55g which has my ribbon eel, when right before my eyes he leaps out of the tank and hits the carpet like a rope. WOW I freaked, kinda weird picking up something that slimy, but he made it, he's ok, and the tanks covered now...:shock: I guess now I finally have a safe place for a firefish goby as a result.
I've had the eel a week now, and he still won't eat, although in the morning all the krill in the tank is gone, so someone has to be eating it. I'll post some pics of it once I get my software setup, my computer blew up 2 wks ago and I just got a new one today! Glad to be back.

I actually have hang on back filters/skimmer, no overflow. all the holes are covered. Funny, usually I just find my carpet surfers all crunchy a couple days later

Now Biffer do not be diagnosing that poor demented ribbon eel's mental health issues. That's Doc's job. He might have just been making a suicide gesture as a way of reaching out for help (and therefore thankful) or really attempting to end it all (and therefore not thankful).

It was just trying to show off to the other fish buddies it was no coincedence him being in the room it was all perfect timming

Actually I think he's completely mental. After I covered the top, he spent hours bonking his head on it trying to make a break for it. He's settled down a lot now, and he hangs out in his rock with a damsel! They sleep together and everything, it's funny

ribbon eels are great. I saw one at the LFS that jumped out of the holding tank and landed right in front of me and the guy working. He freaked out and picked it up and stuffed it back into another holding tank, which happened to have a 4 foot honeycomb moray in it. The ribbon eel lasted about 10 seconds and was lunch. I laughed. Glad your made it.

-Doc

ribbon eels are great. I saw one at the LFS that jumped out of the holding tank and landed right in front of me and the guy working. He freaked out and picked it up and stuffed it back into another holding tank, which happened to have a 4 foot honeycomb moray in it. The ribbon eel lasted about 10 seconds and was lunch. I laughed. Glad your made it.

-Doc

That's an awesome story. I LOLd.

I keep getting this mental picture of me in a shower washing my hair and then the shower curtain gets ripped open and there is a blue ribbon eel standing there with a knife. Actually I can get that mental image with little effort, how strange!

Back