* Crystal & James 55gal w/ 20gal upgrade *

6.29.12 ~ Green Bubble Tip Anemone -- 3.5-4" diameter

GBTA-10k62912.jpg

460nm
GBTA-actinics62912.jpg

I know a lot of people will probably say we can't have this.. but we just wanna see if we can keep it. We have 260w PC lighting & our tank is a little over 2 mo old. Our parameters do stay good and we don't have any swings of anything, so hopefully it will be okay in our tank. It's in a good spot and we just hope it will be alright :)

Last edited:
6.29.12 ~ Green Bubble Tip Anemone -- 3.5-4" diameter

GBTA-10k62912.jpg

460nm
GBTA-actinics62912.jpg

I know a lot of people will probably say we can't have this.. but we just wanna see if we can keep it. We have 260w PC lighting & our tank is a little over 2 mo old. Our parameters do stay good and we don't have any swings of anything, so hopefully it will be okay in our tank. It's in a good spot and we just hope it will be alright :)

i love bubble tip nems they look so cool and my cousin has one and says their not that hard to keep but he waited like 9 months after establishing his tank so idk

i love bubble tip nems they look so cool and my cousin has one and says their not that hard to keep but he waited like 9 months after establishing his tank so idk

They're really pretty! It was a good deal and it seemed to perk right up when we put it in.. we just hope it does good :mrgreen:

Update: Took the GBTA back to our LFS today. It started to float around this morning and we didn't want to have to keep an eye or for any corals getting stung so it had to go.

We traded it for a 6-Line Wrasse & Clownfish! The wrasse is about 1.5" long and the clownfish is about 2". The clown we got is .5" longer than the one we have already. The wrasse is beautiful!

Might be getting a 90 gallon with tank, stand, canopy & built in overflow this weekend. We'll see..

Last edited:
Well... I guess GO BIG OR GO HOME! We took the plunge today and got a 90 gallon :D We're going to transfer everything from our 55 into this one... it'll be a little while though!
7412clean90g.jpg

We cleaned in like crazy earlier.. it was covered in gunk! A little vinegar, razor blades, scrub brushes & the hard work from my honey and I.. it looks almost brand new! Every side is spotless..just a little gunk left on the overflow. We'll be sanding and staining the stand before too long and getting it ready. We'll have to get some T5's eventually too. I guess when the time comes I'll start a new thread and put this one to rest..

Last edited:
I give it 5-6 more months and a whole room in your house is an aquarium. :P j/k Nice pickup! cant wait to see it up and going.

LOL! Actually... when we buy a house we will have a fishtank built in a wall with a room behind it to do all of our fishy things! We'll have our ro/di, frag tank & everything in there.. my honey already has this planned out lol :boldblue:
Thank You.

Back