cthegame's 80 gallon

I see the overflow tube going to the second sump.It just seems very risky.

Yea the risk is within the u-tube itself. If it ever stops its siphon for whatever reason, then I will get a small flood of the water that is in the second half of sump 2. But the tube keeps its siphon even if all pumps are shut off. Both ends of the tube are always in water as the levels are always the same. Pretty much the same risk as the standard overflow box i have on the DT. Its been a good week so far with no issues...

I'll let you know when i wake up one day and hear water splash with each footstep i take :D

bump.jpg

alright man lets see some recent pics

hahaha, nothing about my tank is the same except for my clown fish & Cardinal...and still extremely understocked. Since my move, back in May, i lost a lot of corals, inverts etc. and the only money ive spend on my tank since has been equipment, salt, a fish or two.

I dont get purple Coraline anymore, it always green for some reason and my skimmer is different.

here:

DSCF0691.jpg

I know its kind of small for a skimmer that size, usually fills within a few days but its a perfect fit so i just decided to leave it on and just empty the cup often...

yea home made from a 5 gal water jug. its got two pumps but I might add a 3rd one or replace one with a much stronger pump. Right now its pushing about 800gph, i might increase it to 1200gph.

All that foam is with only 3 fish in the tank, i wonder how much more foam it will make when i have a fully stocked tank.

Back