Culturing hair algae: ATTN RcPilot

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
I think I can step to you mr untouchable. I just pulled near an entire pint glass full of hair algae out of my tank during my water change tonight. and thats just getting started. :shock::shock::shock:

algaeglass.jpg

:beer:

Ladies and Gentlemen.......... we have a new Champion!!!

The emerald crabs have been feasting quite a bit lately. They are actually making some headway in the 10g.

Thats a TON of hair algae Alexander. Was it............... salty? :mrgreen:

Oh god, you think that's bad? You should see my nano!! Given that it's been setup for nearly a year now, with NO ANIMALS EVER ADDED TO IT, it has, literally, become an algae farm. The tank nearly overflowed a couple days ago, because algae had blocked the slots for water to flow in the back compartment to get to the return pump!!

Just remember to strain out all the pods before you drink it.They tend to tickle going down.
sadly my sixline has destroyed the majority of the population in my entire 180. I have had some lr in a trash can that im trying to rid of some algae before i put it in but im in the works of finally getting rid of my wet/dry setup to create a area where i can breed pods.

long story short. there were no pods in that glass :cry:

Alexander have you every tried a lawnmower blenny? dude the one I got completely wiped mine out in four days.

Alexander have you every tried a lawnmower blenny? dude the one I got completely wiped mine out in four days.

dogbedblenny.jpg

check..... its an eyelash/seaweed blenny from what i can identify, but its very very close to the same thing as the lawnmower.

Now that is a cool looking blenny.
I really wanted to get one i liked the look of. The typical Lawnmowers are rad, but they are just too plain and dime a dozen so i wanted something different. If I had sps at my disposal i would go with the leopard blenny but since i dont and thats all they eat it was a toss up between this one and the bi color. I think i made the right choice.

Back