Cyano Outbreak

Doc

I don't work for anybody
Hmmm,

It seems as if, ever since Biff started her tank, I have been battling cyano. I have tried everything I know how to do and am thinking of letting the crap just run its course. I have tried changing current, phosguard, taking out carbon, changing carbon, less light, reduced feedings, this sh!t just won't go away. I blame Biff. Here is what she did to my tank.

PA040001.jpg

PA040003.jpg

Luckily it is a lovely color. Too bad it will end up killing my tank. I hope it goes away during the move.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Sorry Doc, but I had to do it. What, you think I can just LET you have such an awesome looking tank? We in the AFT have powers... Including the power to spread our algae across the globe using only the powers of our minds!

Mine has gotten so bad over the last few days that I've had to blast all my corals with a turkey baster DAILY. Within 24 hours, the cyano is back covering all my corals!

at least you are accepting your due responsiblity. I cannot be the only one you have attacked, am I? I am doing a big water change tomorrow and leaving the lights off for two days, hoping to kill it. If that doesn't work, it is time for chemiclean.

It is clear that I am powerless to fight the mental prowess of the mighty Moderator.

Damn to hell Biff,you cursed me too.I too am having a serious cyano outbreak.I can't post a pic til tomorrow.Its so unusual for me,you suck big time!

My cyano outbreak is soooo bad that Neal has actually named a part of it "The Dragon" because this huge chunk of cyano has floated up off the sand bed, but is still attached at the bottom, and it walks all over the bottom of my tank and is shaped like a dragon. It's about 8 inches tall.

yeah. It sucks. thanks for the support. It is nice to know that I am not the only victim of this senseless attack on the beauty of my tank.

I agree. Maybe there needs to be some kind of animal sacrifice to restore balance to the universe and mend the fragile mod-ego so this kind of tyrrany ends.

I got it too. Small spots all over the place. One snail has it on 75% of the shell. Bright red algae with bubbles. Will it kill the snail?

Ya know,If this was Salem in the 1700s,Then Biff would be in BIG trouble.
For willing cyno on the whole site.:mrgreen:

Sorry guys!!! I didn't mean for ALL of you to get it! Just those of you who consistently blow the rest of us away in the pic of the month competition! Come on, you've got to give the little guys a chance here!

Back