Cyanobacteria

markymark

Reefing newb
Very Odd, I do water changes very often and test every parameter there is to test nitrite, ammonia, nitrate, specif gravity, phosphate, magnesium, dkh, iron, potassium, oxygen , strontium, boron, calcium, Orp, iodine, ph, almost everything one can test lol, They only thing I can guess that would cause it is because I run 67k lighting with my 50/50 10k/actinic and with my 145k Mh, so I believe the problem to be with the 67k giving me the growth to my dismay even after I siphon it out and replace it with new sand, bc im sure i do not give every cell of the bacteria, I just wanted to get some input and opinions.

mark

I use ocean water every other day from the incoming high tide or my friend has a boat and goes out few miles and brings me back fresh ocean water, and I have sufficent flow 5 powerheads not including the mag drive return, I have one 1024 gph, 2 500 gph and 250 gph, soon to be a 500 also a waver maker to make sure the current stays within reason.

mark

I use ocean water every other day from the incoming high tide or my friend has a boat and goes out few miles and brings me back fresh ocean water, and I have sufficent flow 5 powerheads not including the mag drive return, I have one 1024 gph, 2 500 gph and 250 gph, soon to be a 500 also a waver maker to make sure the current stays within reason.

mark

does he get it from deep? surface water could still have some badstuff.

i get ocean water too but it's from a marine biology lab that pipes really far into the ocean and deep into it.

Back