Cyno / Brown algee prob

ReefferMan

Reefing newb
have an issue with allege that has seemed to turn from green to brown, Im not sure if it is cyno... I treated with chemi clean and will change out 35g's of water in 24 hrs. A reason I would think its cyno is because it has formed bubles... not sure tho. Also I have a toad stool in the tank with 17 kinds of assorted acro's and since this dam allege issue the toad hasn’t polupted it has milked. Should I get rid of the toad... I have been running carbon just incase... Not sure and I don’t want to loose $$$ Thanks for reading my horrible grammer and spelling..... Advise would be Sweet!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would cut down on feedings and cut back on the lighting and I would increase your flow. if you can vaccume out as much as possible that would help a great deal.

I feed morning and night, i think i have the lights rite, what should i run them at? this is funny stuff because its like alge in the way that it furry on the rocks but its producing air bubles....Wierd! i have a mag 1200 for the sump and 4 1200 maxijets for flow. THat should be enough, you think? my nitrates are under 20ppm. thats the bio-load per day being that i have 8 fish... Thanks! any ideas would be appreciated......
ReefMan.... :Cheers:

your over feeding. I wold not feed twice a day. I feed my fish once every 2 days. if they get hungry they will forage in the tank. I think that right there is about 80 percent of the problem I would cut back to once a day.
good luck.

also ifyou can remove as much as possible that will help get a handle on it too.

I sent you my thoughts by e-mail. graphixx has provided same conclusion i had. if the bubbles are oxygen bubbles and they are released that is algae converting co2 to oxygen, but if the mat covers the bubbles and keeps them under the mat/or slime. then a problem exists. you might consider increasing your clean up crew (algae clean up) and as mentioned above cut back on your feeding. please post your other water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, oxygen, calcium, etc. your nitrate should test below 5ppm for corals. if your nitrates are readable you have enough food for the algae to grow. good luck keep us posted.

Ro di water all the way! im going to add like a hundred snails.... lol i have some but they seem lazy... Hermit crabs? Thanks for the input, its much appreciated..
Mike

whooooo. not a hundred lolo. 10 to 15 at a time would do nicely. add some ceriths, and asteas, ie. a mixture . good luck.

Hmmm, I just added a purple crown urchin, Did a 35g water change and vacumed off the rock real well. I also bufferd the tank and brought the levels up on the AK being that the calcium was about 518 and i could only imagine what the phosphates and magnesium were at. Im in the baby stage of understanding what really goes on at the molecular level, or being God and creating the ocean(He's real good at this!) I had a real good talk with a friendly reeffer about the way the ions like to hang out n such lol..... and i found out the salt i use is high on CA and low on the Buffer, so i will be changing that as soon as i use the other 100G's of salt i have..... oh and i was just kidding on the snails, i have alot there just lazy! :mrgreen:

:twocents: For your thoughts! Happy Reeffing!

.: ReefferMan :.

Back