Darnit

chaosfinity

Got Kalk?
I have seen my coral beauty come and give a peck at my mushrooms twice now, but there is no visible damage to the coral. Is it eating it or something on it?

I doubt it's eating it. Coral beauties may nip at corals, but I've never heard of one eating mushrooms. Mushrooms are pretty tough, and I just don't think they're tasty.

My coral beauty nips at everything in my tank once in a while, but never seems to do any real damage. Just keep an eye on it, make sure the mushroom isn't staying closed or anything.

The coral beauty is an angel.There for its their nature to nip at corals.
Even if its not eatting your mushrooms,it might cause them to stay closed up to the point of killing them.

Why does everybody that keeps an Angel in a reef conplain about what they do in nature. If you learn about the stuff fish do in the wild before you put it in your tank you can control some of the problems with the fish you are keeping.
ps I am thinking of getting a full grown black tip for my 90 gallon, or should I just get the great white.lol

Its more cost effective to just get the grown seals.You can always quarter them for freezing.Or better alturnative is to just pick up stray dogs and cats around the neighborhood.

We have three dogs of are own that are getting on my nurves today. It won't stop snowing and there if freezing rain on the way.

I would just go down to the local homeless shelter. They are way more nutritious than seal, dogs or cats combined. Like yote said just quarter it.

Its more cost effective to just get the grown seals.You can always quarter them for freezing.

If I were you, I'd keep one adult male seal and a few females on hand and keep them breeding, that way you don't have to keep buying more and more seals.

8425.jpg

As for nipping, angels like the taste of the slime coat that covers corals. They rarely EAT the coral, the is butterflyfish, triggers, and puffers. Well, Xenia tends to get munched. The "tasting" of the coral leads them to close up and that is what usually kills them, staying closed up from being bothered too much. I lost a goni a year ago to a clownfish that would not stop trying to host in it. It died from the constant irritation.

If you find your coral beauty nipping, it may just be hungry. I was able to reduce that action by aggressively feeding my angels. As you all know, my angels are still in a reef tank and have been that way for 18 months now. I feed ALL THE TIME, but that is my choice to keep them with corals. I understand complaining tho. It sucks when you think you beat out nature and then...you lose. I get that way each time I try to lose weight

-Doc

Back