Daughertys' Sump/Fuge/Prop Tank

i just want to make a pred tank. now i just need to find a couple acrylic rods so that i can make a cross bar for Peace of mind. i should not need any but i am not shure

So now it's the same depth all the way? How deep is it...what are the dimensions? Seems like you lost quite a bit of water volume by removing the sections.

it is 6ft long 3ft wide and 18in tall

yea it will loose a bunch of water volume not shure how much yet i have not done the math

working on it it was a pain in the ass to cut the sections out. i used an cut off wheel since it was the only thing i had that would cut it the bad part was that it also was melting the cut shavings so it stunk real bad and i smelled like burnt plastic all day and i could taste it all day. but it is all done. i want a shark real bad i may try to get some VHO's or make a t5 light so that zoas will grow in the tank as well make it a low light reef with a shark. i have no idea what i am going to do but what ever it is is going to be based on having a bannded cat shark

it is hard to beleve that just cutting those sections made me loose so much water vol almost 30-40 gal or so

I don't get it myself?! How is it that you lost water volume by opening the tank up more from cutting the sections out? I'm confused...

beacues it was sectioned at different level it was 24in at one end and 18 at the other.

002-24.jpg

Yep, so when you cut the sections out, you are stuck with having to keep the water volume at the lowest level -- 18" instead of 24". You basically lose 6" of volume.

yep but there is so much more swimming room that is why i cut them out so now i am not so limited of fish that i can put in there

Back