Daughertys' Sump/Fuge/Prop Tank

Daugherty,

I went into Petsmart yesterday to buy some algae sheets and saw that unit sitting there and immediatley thought of you! That thing is huge. I was half tempted to ask if they were getting rid of it..

you should have asked them

Looking real good, can't wait to see it complete! Are you pumping the water all the way up to the floor above it?

it is not hooked up to my 75 yet that will take me a few months until i can get the pump for it i am going to get a blueline 70hd and they are kinda spendy. i have to pump the water 26ft to my 75

That's a lot of height to pump it!!! I'm thinking about doing a basement sump when I upgrade, but looks like only 10' - still afraid of the elec bill for that, though.

ok some update pics

007-16.jpg

006-21.jpg

005-22.jpg

004-26.jpg

003-26.jpg

001-28.jpg

002-25.jpg

Pretty cool. Do you have any plans for it? That would be a nice setup for mangroves. :)

the biggest thing that i want to do with is is grow frags to sell. i want to try and make this hobby kinda offset the cost. who knows i thought about sea horses in one of the deeper sections.

That is awesome! If you felt like it, you could almost set it up like 4 separate tanks in one, (like a DT/fuge/coral frag/and another DT) ... I wish I had space in my house to get the one from my petsmart

Back