Dead mandarin.

mm2meyer

Reefing newb
So I go to Vegas for three days. I come home to find my Mandarin went carpet surfing and has to be pryed from the carpet. :(

He was a cool little guy too. Just thought I would share my unfortunate news.

On the upside I came home 2,300 dollars richer from vegas! Gotta love the craps table!

Poor mandarin. I love those fish. They're definitely on my fish list. You can buy another one, and upgrade your tank! LOL

i dont get it, everyone allways talks about thier mandrins going surfing, but mine is just happy as a clam puttering around the bottom of my tank, heck i dont even think i've ever seen him above the halfway mark... maybe mine's just lazy.. hehehe

i dont get it, everyone allways talks about thier mandrins going surfing, but mine is just happy as a clam puttering around the bottom of my tank, heck i dont even think i've ever seen him above the halfway mark... maybe mine's just lazy.. hehehe

I've never seen my mandarin further than 6 inches off the bottom of the tank either.

What is normal behavior for a Mandarin?

Mine had been staying generally hidden in the caves amongst the rocks. After the water change tonight though, it is all over the place and very active, not its usual shy self.

Its looking out of the tank, swimming up and down the walls, generally being very active and visible.

Back