Dead mandarin.

Mine very rarely comes out of the rockwork. I'm always checking the floor around my tank and inside the overflow box because I'm nervous. But then when I move a rock or two I see him scurry off..

Haha funny story, but one time I went to bring my filter sock down to the washing machine and when I turned it inside out, the mandarin plopped into the washing machine. Figuring he was dead, I scooped him out and held him in my hand while I went about my washing. Then when I went up stairs and tossed em in the toilet he jumped. Luckily the toilet was waste free and I grabbed him out and rushed to my tank. Since my overflow box is DIY, I didn't have it totally fish safe apparently and he went through about 5 ft of tubing/piping to get caught in the filter sock. Since then I've put a vent on the PVC leading down to my sump. But that was maybe 2 months ago and he's been okay ever since.

I see my mandrine more right after a water change to.I dont know if the change in water chemistry is what does it,or if it gets more pods out and roaming.But it at least lets me know the lil guy is still kicking.

My mandarin took the big leap over the weekend out of my tank. I miss him already :(. That was my second one, the first one I had was eaten by my lionfish years ago.

Mine very rarely comes out of the rockwork. I'm always checking the floor around my tank and inside the overflow box because I'm nervous. But then when I move a rock or two I see him scurry off..

Haha funny story, but one time I went to bring my filter sock down to the washing machine and when I turned it inside out, the mandarin plopped into the washing machine. Figuring he was dead, I scooped him out and held him in my hand while I went about my washing. Then when I went up stairs and tossed em in the toilet he jumped. Luckily the toilet was waste free and I grabbed him out and rushed to my tank. Since my overflow box is DIY, I didn't have it totally fish safe apparently and he went through about 5 ft of tubing/piping to get caught in the filter sock. Since then I've put a vent on the PVC leading down to my sump. But that was maybe 2 months ago and he's been okay ever since.

Uh, I have to ask, did you wash your hands after you 'grabbed him out'?

Back