Dead?

U4BOYZ

Got Fish?
I have a red crab that's been hanging out on my Seabee. Is my Seabee dying? I assume the crab would get stung?! My Seabee hasn't been happy for about a week now...(my nitrates are still at 25, regardless of my efforts). I just want to make sure I get my Seabee out before it stings everything. Thanks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8547.jpg
    IMG_8547.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 792
I know that sometime crabs that live in the anemone can beat it up pretty bad and make it unhappy. That might be what's happening, but I'm no anemone expert. Wait for better advise from other people.

Thats an anemone crab.They are kinda cool.
I doubt its the crab causing the problem.My guess is the nitrates.
Sebae anemones are pretty touchy when it comes to water parameters.

No way! Crabs can host anemones?! How cool is that? Thanks for sharing the photo. Your tank is quite a sight! The best thing about my crab is that he was a hitchhiker...go figure. lol Yes...my Seabee is sad...I know it's the nitrates. I've tried/trying everything to no avail. They camp out at around 25. Sucks.

Yes,porcelain crabs is short for porcelain anemone crab.Those crabs will use corals too.Here is my Living Reef's POTM crab from way back in 1975.

PB022079-1.jpg

Incredible photo!

Thanks Yote on the tip. I bought a new nitrate kit last week because I was thinking the same thing. I've even tested my RO water to make certain it doesn't contain nitrates. Very frustrating!

Back