Defalted Bubble Tip Anemone

Supraz

Reefing newb
I have a new(1 weekish) bubble tip anemone for my tank. Ive noticed for the last 3 or 4 days that every night it deflates and ive never seen anything like this. Ive seen anemones deflated into the foot to make sort of a bubble but this anemone looks like hes exposing his insides. Every morning when I get up to feed the tank the BTA is back inflated and hosting my clowns. How worried should i be?

5124834120_9f31862b50.jpg

5124227713_acd2cf10e6.jpg

5124227643_173ed97347.jpg

Mine does the same thing...Every time the lights turn off he retracts the tentacles and looks like your picture above. It now appears to be splitting into two so I think it's doing okay....I have the same biocube as you...love it...

it should be doing this 1ce every day or 2, its there way of exspelling waste. when it dose it you should see white/brown stringy stuff that kinda looks like snot. only thing that would worry me is if the anem starts having troble puffing back up frequently after this it's normal for it to take around a houre. what are you feeding it and how often?

While its normal for most anemones to close down at night,I've not seen one close up and gape its mouth open like that.
Are you feeding it? What are you parameters?

While its normal for most anemones to close down at night,I've not seen one close up and gape its mouth open like that.
Are you feeding it? What are you parameters?

Im with you on never seeing this before. Parameters are normal, 0 ammonia, 0 NO2, 5 or less NO3. I am target feeding it once every 3 or 4 days mysis shrimp. My clowns host it so he does get some of their missed food as well.

Back