Diamond Goby

I had two. Tard and Retard. Both jumped out of my tank and died crusty, dry deaths the first night I had them. No, I didn't have them at the same time. I bought one, it jumped and killed itself, so the next day, I bought a second one, which did the exact same thing. I posthumously named them Tard and Retard. I hate those stupid fish. I'll never get one again.

No lid. I have eggcrate. I can't keep a lid on my tank. It gets too hot as it is. And it cuts down on gas exchange at the tank's surface.

Cool fish, but like Biff said, they know how to fly...I also had two to jump out the tank, one with no lid and the other one through eggcrate...I vowed to never buy another one, but if you have a lid, go ahead and enjoy these amazing fish. They will tend to sift sand on everything, especially corals.

I had one jump through egg crate and another; just last week. find the only spot in a glass top he could make it through. He wound up a good foot behind my dresser; I guess he flopped around quite a bit to make it that far. I thought I'd heard him jump out (didn't hear the second splash) Both hubby and I looked for him but I guess the flashlight missed him.

I have had one those fish and they jumped out. So make sure you have a lid!!! Other than that they are very nice to look at...

Yes mine has been fine i think he is calm he tried to jump out the night i put him in but other than that he has been fine:^:

I had mine....for 24 hours.

Found his dried up body a few feet from the tank. He jumped through a 2" opening at the back...must have flown 3 feet. : (

If it has been four days, I'm sorry to say that the fish probably didn't make it :(

Sorry for your loss... Maybe next fish try something other than a goby?

I think it may be my purple reef lobster because i did fine with gobys before i got him if it is him how do i get him out without destroying the tank i do fine with blenny's though:bounce:

Back