Diamond Goby

wavemaster

Reefing newb
I have decided I want to add a diamond goby to my 29 gallon biocube. I think they look cool and I want to have white sand. Has anyone kept one of these in a similar size tank to mine? Some say 30 gallons while others say 50 gallon minimum. I will be looking for the smallest diamond goby I can find.

I do not mind my sand being stirred up, but I have not touched my sand for a year. I am worried when I add it, toxins will come up from the sand. How worried should I be about adding this fish? My LFS will be getting them in next week. Would it help to gradually stir the sand myself over this week before getting the goby next week?

Any other tips on caring for this fish? My sandbed is about 2'' deep and tank has been running 6 years.

Current stock:
- 2 black and white ocellaris clowns
- blue/green chromis
- blood shrimp
-sand conch
-hermit crabs
-snails
-25lbs live rock
-corals (green star, kenya tree, mushrooms,green frogspawn, torch, finger leather, tree, and toadstool leather)

My Pink Spot would be way too big for a 29. He's about 6 inches long. Can't speak for diamonds, but if its anything like a pink spot, I would say no.

i would also say no
diamonds can become big long fatasses VERY quickly hell my most recent one is already like 5-6 inches and i havent had him a year

Blue cheek Goby in my 20 gallon? But.. the new 105 gallon is waiting ....

Very fun fish... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxAr2f67Q2U]Blue cheek goby doing his thing :) - YouTube[/ame]

Started with our Diamond Watchman Goby in a 55 and now he's in our 90. Awesome little fish, he sifts sand all day long. We have a 2-3" sandbed. They don't sift very deep, just skim the surface really. Love him!

My diamond goby was the first fish i ever got in my 27g cube and he was very happy in there for over a year until I upgraded to the 55g. Just be sure to have a fairly deep sand bed for him and feed him mysis enriched with vitamins.

Back