Diy led

Patzig

welp, that didn't work..
I've done a bunch of research on DIY LED fixtures for reef tanks. (Alot of reading on this particular forum ( DIY LEDs - The write-up - Reef Central Online Community )) I have a 55G tank and I'm thinking about running the same setup as this guy.(About 48 LED's). According to his tests, he's getting between 100-300 par readings in his tank. I've heard that all the other lights, even cfl's, will produce more par readings than that(am I wrong on that?). I would love do try building that setup, but not if it won't be enough light. I plan on growing many corals, including many sps corals. So will this 48 LED setup be good for good coral growth/good health for everything else on my 55G? Or should I just stick to 50/50 cfl's? Also, this guy isn't running lenses on those LED's. What's a "good" par spectrum for a reef tank with soft AND hard corals? Thanks

Yeah that's the same one I was following :) Using p7's instead. I have 4 test p7's, and it is SUPER bright.

I've stalled, for lack of time and just busy with other things. But he's had great results, and with your 55g, it should be perfect. Dunno if I'd try it on hardcore things like clams, though. But worth a shot! Keep us posted!

Back