diy moon lighting from Christmas blue led lights

AHill40

reefer head
Hello fello and sister reefers last year I was looking on this site And this dude had a good idea about making moon light from led blue Christmas tree lights. About two weeks after christmas lowes and home depot had done took all there light off the shelves:frustrat:.So any ways tonight I was at Walmart and thought about checking out there Christmas lights and low and behold they had a box of 60 led lights with no grappy covers on them wired up for 6.98 :bounce: I grabbed a box took them home and drapped them over my canopy and it looks like the real deal for only 6.98 you can't beet that. Im going to make some kind of rod to put them on so they'll face striaght down on the water.... I just thought some of you all might be interested on this simple find and cheep to make...:Cheers:

How about a piece of like 3/4" pvc with a hole drilled every inch or so, feed them down the pipe and pull them out just so far with a needle nose plier, then a little dab of silicone to hold em?

Good idea I will try that with the pvc..... 60 blue leds in a pvc pipe should do the trick sure would light it up good and blue. I will try and get some pics later.

That many bulbs I would make like a U shape with two elbows feeding the wire as you put it together, no glue, won't need it. Space the bulbs out and don't forget to post a picture when you get done! If you feed the bulbs in one at a time on an angle they should go.

Back