diy moon lighting from Christmas blue led lights

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by AHill40, Nov 23, 2009.

1. AHill40

AHill40 reefer head

Hello fello and sister reefers last year I was looking on this site And this dude had a good idea about making moon light from led blue Christmas tree lights. About two weeks after christmas lowes and home depot had done took all there light off the shelves:frustrat:.So any ways tonight I was at Walmart and thought about checking out there Christmas lights and low and behold they had a box of 60 led lights with no grappy covers on them wired up for 6.98 :bounce: I grabbed a box took them home and drapped them over my canopy and it looks like the real deal for only 6.98 you can't beet that. Im going to make some kind of rod to put them on so they'll face striaght down on the water.... I just thought some of you all might be interested on this simple find and cheep to make...:Cheers:

AHill40, Nov 23, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. AHill40

Bifferwine I am a girl

How about a picture? Sounds like a good idea. I know of a few people that have used those.

Bifferwine, Nov 23, 2009
    AHill40 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. AHill40

SeaBee Ha Ha Thats Funny!

How about a piece of like 3/4" pvc with a hole drilled every inch or so, feed them down the pipe and pull them out just so far with a needle nose plier, then a little dab of silicone to hold em?

SeaBee, Nov 23, 2009
    AHill40 likes this.
  4. AHill40

AHill40 reefer head

Good idea I will try that with the pvc..... 60 blue leds in a pvc pipe should do the trick sure would light it up good and blue. I will try and get some pics later.

AHill40, Nov 23, 2009
  5. AHill40

SeaBee Ha Ha Thats Funny!

That many bulbs I would make like a U shape with two elbows feeding the wire as you put it together, no glue, won't need it. Space the bulbs out and don't forget to post a picture when you get done! If you feed the bulbs in one at a time on an angle they should go.

SeaBee, Nov 23, 2009
    AHill40 likes this.
  6. AHill40

dcantucson

Sounds very creative and interesting. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

dcantucson, Nov 23, 2009
    AHill40 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question