Do air pumps help during power outage?

What I generally do,is make the wife and stay home while I'm out working or what else I want to do.That way if the power goes out,somebodies home to start up my generator and plug my tank up to it :mrgreen:

What I generally do,is make the wife and stay home while I'm out working or what else I want to do.That way if the power goes out,somebodies home to start up my generator and plug my tank up to it :mrgreen:

Yote you better be glad the wife isn't reading your posts! :lol:

Lots of money, like $500, solves this problem easily. I just want to run a heater and a small air pump or koralia for a few hours.

yall are making this so much more complicated than it needs to be, you want something to come on when the power fails, and then have it turn off when the power comes back on, hell just use a simple relay.

wire it up, so that when the power is on, it energizes the relay, to the NO position, then when power fails, the springs inside the relay will pull the contacts to the NC position, wire your device(battery power or whatever) through that connection.

TAADAA a transfer switch for less than $10.
if you need, i can draw up a schematic for ya...

ive read in a guidebook that you can use some hydrogen peroxide to bring oxygen to your fish during outages.

anyone have any thoughts and experiences on this?

Im with project on this one. Simple relay and you are good to go with a battery powered device.

Also, Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down to Water and Oxygen. The only problem is that it might mess with your RedOx Potential in your tank if you keep track of that stuff.

... Also, Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down to Water and Oxygen. The only problem is that it might mess with your RedOx Potential in your tank if you keep track of that stuff.

Im gonna make a new thread, can you put your thoughts on hydrogen and how it affects your tank? and RedOx.

if you use perxoid you have to have an dissolved o2 test this is a must if you dose to much it is just as bad as not enough o2 it will kill everything in the tank

Back