Do you have the end piece on your koralia

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
My koralia 4 came with a black end piece that tapers the water down for what I believe a more powerful force. All the fish stores I see never use this piece. Why is it I never see people with the end piece on. Should I take it off?

The first one I bought did not come with it. But the ones I bought after came with a piece that attaches to the end. I use it on my #3's but not one on the #2.

mine has a piece that protects any of the fish from going into the blades, but I would say its just a grill and not something that tappers the water for more force. However, I just have a #3

Same thing as Piggy! I ordered four #3s first, and they didn't come with it. But I wanted more flow and ordered two more. And those came with the attachment. But I don't use it.

I need some help to decide if I should buy bigger powerheads. Right now I have four. One #1,one #2 and two #3. I was thinking of buying 2 #4 and getting rid of the rest. Would that be enough? I just don't like the looks of 4 powerheads.

It would probably be enough flow.Are you sure you're going to like the 4's size?They are huge to my eyes compared to the 3's,thats why I went with the 3's.

Two #4s would be fine for a 55 gallon tank, I think. And about their size, yeah, they're bigger than the others, but no bigger than four combined.

Ohhhh, in that case, I don't think 2 #4s would do the trick. You would still have a lot of dead spots in the middle of the tank. For a tank that size, I don't really see a way around having to have four plus powerheads. Unless you build a closed loop system.

Back