Dreamwalk's 10gal Nano

I run a koralia 1 in my 10 and it does really good. MJ pumps are great, but they put out more heat than most. You can find a used K1 for cheap. If you want MJ I think a 400 would be best.

Ok. I just looked up the Koralia 1. It IS a bit more, but Amazon has them for less that $25 and they look better to me....just sayin

They're a lot better, because they spread the flow out instead of a stream and hit more places. Check other reef sites and you can probably find one for around 15.00

Don't tell no one I said this, but reefcentral.com and nano-reefs.com are both good for finding used equipment. This site is good for, good people and good feedback. There are a lot more. Just google saltwater aquarium forums or reef forums and you get a list.

:bowdown:

Your secret is safe with me.

Thanks. I will check them out now, and the of to be for me. I have school in 7 hours....

:Cheers: Cheers

I would just get the Korilla, that pump you show is $75? That's a lot. My Korilla 1 only cost about 25 dollars. Save the money and get the good stuff right out from the start, save money in the long run....value is the key.

SeaBee....Thank. You. SO. MUCH!!

I will deffly be getting one of the nano powerheads or korilia 1's...as for the skimmer.. maybe in about a year or two..after i get well established. maybe before hand...

Make sure you get the right one, some hook up to a variable speed controller for a wavemaker....but I didn't see that on that page, but I would ask if it just plugs into the wall 110 volt.

NO, no one has mentioned that yet, but I have done a lot of reading online, and have found that 1.5-2.0 pounds per gallon is prefeerred... however I have yet to decide what type....Any suggestions?

I prefer Fiji rock personally, but it's really just a matter of what you like best. If you don't want to shovel out all the money for live rock (although for a nano it won't be too bad), you can buy a few pieces of live rock, and the rest base rock (dried out live rock) and let the live rock 'seed' the base rock. Go to your fish store and see what appeals to you most! I'd shy away from buying live rock online just because it's a major centerpiece of your tank, you want it to look nice, and also some of the juicy hitchhikers may die off en route.

Don't make the mistake of buying 'live sand'. It's a gimmick. Bu I would recommend getting a scoop or two of the lfs' sand to help seed your tank. I'd wait on doing this until your tank is going for a week or two so the hitchhikers have the best chance of living.

Another thing I'd really suggest you get - a refractometer. Hydrometer's measure the salinity with a swing-arm, but a refractometer is much, much, much more precise. With your tank being so small, it can be very easy for that salinity to swing significantly. The refractometer was one of the best things I've bought in the hobby.

Go to your fish store and see what appeals to you most! I'd shy away from buying live rock online just because it's a major centerpiece of your tank, you want it to look nice, and also some of the juicy hitchhikers may die off en route.

Don't make the mistake of buying 'live sand'. It's a gimmick. Bu I would recommend getting a scoop or two of the lfs' sand to help seed your tank. I'd wait on doing this until your tank is going for a week or two so the hitchhikers have the best chance of living.

There is no LFS here...so, I will have to order everything online or from a magazine.

as for the live sand, how is it a gimmick?

Live sand costs more than dry sand. But as soon as you add dry sand to your tank and it starts cycling, it will become live anyways. There's no need to pay extra for it up front.

i see, but doesn't live sand have the chance of having critters in it? kinda like how poeple can get interesting things from their live rock?

And is it really going to be a problem if i buy online or though a mag?:shock: It's all I have, so I hope it's fine.

Back