Drip acclimate corals?

Damn, I was hoping it would be something I already had. Thanks Yote, and everyone else too for your help

I just float the bag for 5-10 mins to get the temp right, then dip them, then plop 'em in somewhere in the tank, depending on what lights they had where I got the frag from compared to mine.
I agree with yote, and as for the air method, during low tide, sometimes the tops of SPS corals will come out of the water for a good amount of time. Most SPS will just make a slime coat, and as long as they are wet, they are fine for a while.

After reading this I think I'm spending way too much time acclimating corals. I normally let the bag float for at least an hour then I start adding my tank water. I add the tank water every 15min for another hour and then put them in the tank. I've also never dipped any corals. Should I be doing this?

I never dipped any of my corals, but then again, I know where they all came from. You dip them to remove pests and I feel confident that those who sold corals to me would have let me know about any potential pests. Sanjay has red bugs in some of his SPS and he doesn't hide that fact if you buy a coral from him.

Well so far so good I think. I've never got any corals from Sanjay yet. Most of my corals came from you, Kelvin and Dan so I think they're all pretty safe.

Back