DRY Filtration pump

Will S

Reefing newb
Hello all several questions are some pumps more quiet than others. If so I'm sure I have a loud one OM gosh is that loud. It has been lubricated and still seems loud to me. Hopefully when the doors are installed this will take some of it away if it doesn't maybe you all can suggest a better pump to purchase. Also has anyone ever encountered them over heating still new to this all hope to upload a picture later. Good night from the East Coast all

some pumps are definately louder then others..what kind of pump is it? external or submersible. what size? and it will quiet down with the doors on to an extent..:D

M it's. A dry pump made by little giant pump company. Its running about 300 rpm. Most likely more pump than what I needed for a 90 G?

external pumps will run a little louder.. little giant pumps are known to run loud.. once the doors are on it will quiet down some but I am sure you will still hear it to an extent..
I have an iwaki pump running and you can hear it but with the doors on it is tolerable..

Back