Dying Flame Angel?

As some of you know I added a flame angel to my 60 gallon on Wed. He was swimming around happily that night and yesterday. Today I come home and he is lying on his side in the bottom of the tank, breathing heavily.
Other inhabitants: 1 pep shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 chromis, 1 clown, 1 six line wrasse, 1 blue legged hermit, snails
Just ran my test
Amm: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: around 10
This so weird and heartbreaking. All other fish are swimming around and seem ok.

Sorry to hear about your Flame. Ya know, sometimes fish just die in our tanks, bottom line. There could have been a few different contributing factors to it. Maybe he wasn't 100% at the time of purchase, maybe the stress was more than he could bear( a line from the movie Tombstone).

That stinks. They are cool fish. If it makes you feel better my new hawkfish died this morning. And I just got it a week ago. You don't suck. It happens. :/

Yes..the second one..first one jumped and this one..I have no idea. All other fish are fine. Tank parameters are good. The fish just never started eating and after a week he died. No bullying or anything. Just starved himself. Soo I don't think I'm gonna get another hawkfish...just doesn't seem like its meant to be. My husband wants a blue spotted jawfish....another expensive one. But I got a 50 dollar credit towards it. Now that I have a fitting lid, I'm not worried about a bsj jumping out.

Thanks guys. I dunno. It's just so depressing. He was special ordered in for me and they only had him for a few hours. I won't be doing that again. I felt so bad for the little guy, and guilty about the money I spent on him.
Everyone was still happy and swimming around then all of a sudden my wrasse and clownfish were doing some sort of weird, I don't know, they were suspended in the front of the tank together, twisting around. Almost looked like when clownfish mate up, the spazing (sp). It looked like they were trapped and being electrocuted, they were bumping into each other. I unplugged my heater freaking out about stray voltage but they kept doing it. Plus, the chromis were still swimming around.

sorry to hear about both of your fish. Sometimes no matter how much we try to make the right enviorment what happens inside is beyond our control..

sorry to hear that the next fish I wanted to get is a flame angel is their anything I should be looking out for. Two of the lfs has them in stock here in town.

Sigh. I don't know. Mine was beautiful, healthy looking, it ate in my tank. As soon as I added him he was swimming around, checking out the rocks and the other fish. I really thought I had it made.
I hope you have better luck when you add yours.

And now, of course, I feel desperate to add another fish since I have that six line in there and I don't want him to start feeling territorial.

Sarah the loss of a fish friend is grave I know but like many have said it happens to us all and we may never know why. hell Al Capone my lawn mower blenny passed on me a 4-5 days ago. I have no idea why it just happens just like with some people. any who all will be fine because you don't suck just don't give up. hang in there and all will pan out just fine.

-Kurt

Back