Diamond Watchman Goby died or killed

Pysiek

Reefing newb
Okay here is the story. Last Monday I purchased a diamond goby. For the first couple days he was fine.Shifting sand and swimming around . But after couple days past he start to hide under rocks ( I believe that he have mate with my pistol shrimp) and I only see him couple times a week. Yesterday I arrived home from work and found him dead next to my anemone I purchased the same day. Is it possible that he have been mistakable killed by the pistol shrimp? Or he just died because of the water quality?
My parameters are:
Temp - 80F
Salinity - 1.024
pH - 8.2
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0 or less then 1 it's hard to detect the color
Calcium - 360
Alkalinity - 9
Phosphate - 0

What other fish do you have? How did you acclimate him? Was he eating? I had a pistol in my tank and never bothered any fish that chose to shack up with him. They kept him nice and fed. If he was skinny, he could have starved if you only saw him a couple of times a week. I see my diamond goby all day, sifting sand. Also possible someone was bullying him. What else do you have in there?

Oh I'm sorry for the lack of info.
I have 2 ocellaris clownfishes , one bicolor blenny , one cardinalfish and one scooter blenny . Also I have some nassarius snails , about 4 dward blue leg hermit crabs , maybe 7 fighting conchs

Nope...clowns are not peaceful...they are in the Damsel family...most of the time clowns should be one of the fish you add last. There are people on this forum that every time they put a hand in the tank the clown attacks. It also depends on the clown...some are worse then others and the type of clown, Tomato and maroon are listed as semi aggressive and aggressive on live aquaria...One thing you can do if you add a fish. Change the rock around a little. That will adjust established territories.

Clowns are cool fish dont get me wrong...but they are a little strange also. Is the clown hosting anything in the tank? Could be a rock, a corner, coral...whichever....Listed as peaceful or not if it has picked its territory it will defend it.

Ocellaris are on the less aggressive end of the spectrum but as Ted said when they claim their territory (especially if they are hosting) they will run fish away much bigger than themselves. Your water parameters look good so if it wasn't killed by a tank inhabitant or acclimation then it is just one of those cases where it just died, which happens from time to time.

If it's none of those, it could still be just new fish syndrome....it didn't handle the move well. Did you see him eat at all? Mine gobbles up anything I put in the tank.

Clowns are cool fish dont get me wrong...but they are a little strange also. Is the clown hosting anything in the tank? Could be a rock, a corner, coral...whichever....Listed as peaceful or not if it has picked its territory it will defend it.
I have a pair : male and female and most of the time they hang out in one corner of the tank and this is where I found my dead gobby :bye2:

If it's none of those, it could still be just new fish syndrome....it didn't handle the move well. Did you see him eat at all? Mine gobbles up anything I put in the tank.
I did see him eat for the first 3 days and then he just start to hide under the rocks. I add snapping shrimp to my tank about 2 months ago and since then I have not seen him. But every day there is a BIG pile of sand in different spots of the tank , next to rocks so I assume he is still alive. When goby start to hide under rocks I thought he have paired with shrimp.

Hiding probably means someone else was bullying him.

But, since no one else has asked yet, what kind of anemone did you get? Some are not common hosts for clowns and can actually prey on fish. While I think its probably unlikely that the anemone did your goby in, it never hurts to consider especially if it wasn't a common anemone.

Bubbletips are fine, highly unlikely that was the culprit! (If it was a condy then I might have thought otherwise!) As an aside and as you probably already know, nems are hard to keep in new tanks. I'd try to keep your water conditions as stable and good as possible. Your lights should be just fine for it :)

If its not attached to the rocks, the nem is in trouble. You should take it out right away, clearly the conditions in your tank aren't ready to for a nem.

I also really doubt your clowns bullied the fish to death, aggressive behavior is pretty obvious. More likely this is just one of those fish that didn't make it.

It attach itself to the rocks but every morning when I check on it is attached but all the way on the bottom of the rocks. So I assume it detached itself after the lights go out and then it floats to the bottom and attach itself to the bottom

Back