Eating Habits.........

Rushy

Reefing newb
........is it now, given due consideration, that I have taken on this hobby and found it to be of my liking, to be in bad taste , to: -

A - Eat Fish and Sea Food?

and

B - Enjoy doing so?

If so, anyone know of any organisations out there to help wean me off!!?? :mrgreen:

nothing wrong with it, in some parts of the world a full grown naso tang is a delicacy, but your not eating whats goes into our tanks so i dont see whats wrong with it

I don't agree with eating SOME seafood. But there is a lot I will eat too. The difference is some seafood is actually controlled and harvested for commercial use instead of just snagged from any random spot in the ocean. However I feel bad eating anything that does not fall into that catergory. I still eat fish from time to time and I love shellfish.

I've always hated seafood. The only thing I can do is Tuna but it has to be cooked medium-well or be from a can.
Although people keep telling me to try swordfish, but i haven't yet.

the only seafood i can really eat is canned tuna (so fake tuna and dolphin) and crab legs, although im starting to like lobster too

Oh btw just because your into a saltwater hobby doesn't mean anyone can tell you what to do or what to eat. The choice is yours! :)

Oh btw just because your into a saltwater hobby doesn't mean anyone can tell you what to do or what to eat. The choice is yours! :)

Exactly! I know lots of people that really love their dogs and cats but still eat Chinese Food. :mrgreen:

ccd423e4832542f95f61812754a54149.jpg

om nom nom nom

I LOVE SEA FOOD! I can walk like 2 blocks down to the fisherman's terminal where 90% of the boats from Alaska are docked including most of the deadliest catch boats, (I see Sig at the gas station quite often) I can get just about anything I want there FRESH! Salmon, oysters, crab, you name it. It is one of the best perks about were I live!

Bear rocks! I didnt watch the whole video is that the one when he bites the larva it shoots juice on the camera lens?

I don't eat any seafood; never have. NDB eats very little seafood. He used to eat more, but when he started learning about my tank and helping me take care of it, he says eating seafood makes him feel guilty now.

Luckily for my hobby and my conscience, I wont be able to have anything in my tank that would be large enough to sustain my appetite for seafood!!! :mrgreen: I guess from the responses I'm unlikely to be ostricised!! Phew ;)

Ostrich is pretty good if its fixed right:D
I love seafood.I eat it every chance I get and dont feel one bit guilty about it.

Hell if I could keep a fresh supply of seafood in my tank that would kill two birds with one stone! Tank and panty? Cant be beat. Luckily for my wallet and my fish most of the seafood that americans like comes from coldwater species.

Love seafood for the most part. I don't feel too bad about it. The way I figure is that we as hobbyists give these fish a nice comfortable life. They get all kinds of good food, no predators to worry about, no storms, no nasty polutants. They've got it good lol. So if I eat one of their cousins I don't feel too bad. Oh and ya Bear rules!

Back