ebay lights?

Looks like a nice light, but I would pass on it, because if you notice it says all sales final no refund. What if the light comes in busted or not working at all. Then your out 500.00.

That fixture does look good.But I'm like Bobby,I would pass on it being is its all sales final.
I just dont think I could put that much money on something thats not guaranteed.

I'm with Bobby,it sounds good on paper but there is more then meets the eye.More chinese knock-offs and questionable customer support.I would be very cautious.I see BULL all over those lights.....like what others said-no refund and all sales final plus there's no real VHO bulbs but PC's

Don't do it!there is a reason they are half the price of similar fixture.If you really want MH with similar output look into the Outer Orbit 3x 250w HQI MH/8x39w T5.Be careful of possible heat issues.

Looks like a nice light, but I would pass on it, because if you notice it says all sales final no refund. What if the light comes in busted or not working at all. Then your out 500.00.

on down in the AD it says refund given in exchange !

so if you get a busted bulb they will replace it.

Looks good here, I would think of getting a chiller thats some major heat !

Lion you are right I didn't see that, but it still only gives you 7 days. What if it were to go out in 8 days or a month? For 500.00 I would want more of a warranty. That might be just me though.

yeah i didnt really want MH but i saw these n thought i would see what everyone else thought. i really dont want to have to have a chiller either so i think i will pass but i just wanted to make sure i wasnt passing anything i shouldnt be. thanks everyone for the posts

I don't mean to HI-JACK the thread but what do MH do that T-5's don't? can you still grow the same corals?

Once again sory about the jump in. thanks alot!

-JoshB- NEWB

You can still keep the same corals under MH and T5s. For the ones that need more intense lightings, with T5s you need to move them near the top of the tank, whereas with MH you aren't as restricted by depth.

so if the MH can reach the bottom is it posible to burn stuff on the top?

Yep.
You can burn some corals halides.
When you run halides,you really need to acclimate new corals to the light unless your running the exact same bulb at the exact same wattage as where you bought the coral.

I don't mean to HI-JACK the thread but what do MH do that T-5's don't? can you still grow the same corals?

Once again sory about the jump in. thanks alot!

-JoshB- NEWB

Simple answer to this question

HEAT
T-5s dont put out the heat that MHs do.IMO thats about the only difference.

Its possible for both MH and T5 to burn/bleach corals.
Corals need to be slowly acclimated to the lighting over a period of weeks.(of course,it will depends on what kind of lighting the corals came from).

so like with you freak and your new lighting, since i will put out some crazy light will your qtank have to do the same thing? or how do you acclimate something to the light?

Back