ebay lights?

I shouldn't have to acclimate the corals to much from my old tank to the new(I hope!).The lighting is similar,besides most of them that I'm keeping will be near the bottom.I don't QT corals but when you get corals,place them near the bottom for a week or two,then move them where they would do best.Some people use window screening to block some of the light also.

what about with the fish? since you should q the fish all the time do you have to acclimate them to the light?

Fish don't need to be acclimated to light. Just don't shock them. It can be bad for them if you, for example, take them out of a dark cooler that they have been shipped in for 24 hours and immediately dump them in a really bright tank. When you acclimate and add fish to your tank, you should do it with the tank lights off.

i got a light fixture shipped broken twice now so i would pass, mine got replace since they were from dr foster and smith, and thatpetplace.com. I know price for name brands are high but you get what you pay for and my 72 inch outer orbit metal halide cost 900.00 on sale.

yeah i thought maybe i could save a lit n get stuff off ebay but its not worth it. not for the important stuff anyways. i think in this hobby it is better to get quality products then the cheapest products. o n thanks for answering the acclimating questions for me, just trying to get all the knowledge i can.

No need to acclimate fish to the lighting.Better to have the lights off when first introducing them to the DT.(don't have it pitch black though)

yeah i like the t5s a lot. so in the qtank when you first put a fish in there should the lights be off also?

Yes,keep the lights off for around 6hrs. or so.It would probably help to have it at least bright enough so they can see and find a hiding space.

Last edited:
i wouldnt say you r wasting your money since it looks like you got some brand name lights. just make sure you monitor everything close cause there has been a lot of fraud going on on ebay lately. well with cars it has a lot idk about aquarium stuff tho 4sure lol.

Back