eel

some countires a full grown naso tang is a delicacy and costs a full days pay, but thats besides the point

eww thats gross... FISH ARE FRIENDS NOT FOOOOOOD! lol. i strongly believe in that statement.

poor lil guy, all the same. its a shame some people could care so less about the magnificent creatures on this planet

Back to the original question -- I think it's extremely probable that the reason your eel is looking shredded is due to the tang spearing it. Those spurs on its side are meant to do just that -- defend itself. And in a cramped space that you've got it in, it's going to be fighting everyone else for what little territory it can, and it does that by stabbing the eel.

Last edited:
the eel is still alive i bought a tank so he could be by himself and he wounds have healed the tang is still beautiful and alive and your what playing the animal activist roll because i said id eats them and there staying in my tank..., i actually don't really care that much for the things if they make it or don't i wanted to look at them have an aquarium in my room watch things grow, if i was trying to save there species im sure a 29 gallon tank would not have been then way to go... if you want to save my eel ill give you my address you can come drive here and give him a better home ill give him to you for free./.. when you don't show up , ill tell you, your cruel to animals and everyone that reads this can say "it prob does it because it is all stressed out and ants out of the tank not a good sign since they eat some crabs and shrimp."

Wow!
I'm very new to this site myself, but I have spent a lot of time reading a lot of the past posts. What I don't understand is why someone, like yourself, would freely come onto this site for help and then lash out at the very people who are in fact trying to help you with your problem. You seem to want AND need their advice, but you want it to be selective. I can tell you that no one here as any ill will towards you and your tang, but at the same time they would be doing you and your fish an injustice by not to telling you about the small space you have your tang in. You can always take it or leave it and you have made it clear what you are going to do, BUT to be nasty to fellow hobbiests is something most would not understand.

Honestly it's people like you that make others want to leave these sites. I hope you find some happiness in your life... maybe it will come with your dead tang.:?::dunno:

Back to the original question -- I think it's extremely probable that the reason your eel is looking shredded is due to the tang spearing it. Those spurs on its side are meant to do just that -- defend itself. And in a cramped space that you've got it in, it's going to be fighting everyone else for what little territory it can, and it does that by stabbing the eel.

I agree completely. Its a war zone in your tank.

i understood this and the eel has been moved a while ago, and it wasn't from the tang it was from self infliction, the sergant majors grew to big and start pecking at everything and the eel would combat it by making a dust storm with the new substrate i introduced and its tail would hit the live rock, though you are correct about the tangs defense, the eel found out the first 2 days when i introduced the tang quit funny how persistent the eel was to try and eat the tang even after getting a face full of scapel

as to answer dcan question, i wasn't trying to fight with anyone, there was another thread about the tank showcase, and everyone gave me a problem about the tang and then now on here, its as if they were following me to constantly try to change my mind about the tang, then go into animal cruelty and so forth , when i understand there point and took it into consideration, but really had nothing to do with my question at all, except that I made the mistake to title the other one as how is it looking? when i should have just said heres my before adn after tank shots... as for the eel being ok he is still with the sergant majors but in a longer tank, giving him the room to be fully extended even under the live rock, instead of a curl , and he is fully heald with only scars of black and his original color...I have also fed him less..
does anyone have a snowflake eel in here and how much do you feed yours, i fed mine like 3 pieces of krill a week and it seems to be ok if i feed him more he gets really agressive and is constantly getting fat

Back