Elegance coral ?? Any ideas ???

Lesely

Reefing newb
Hi. These 2 photos are my elegance coral that's been in my tank since day one 13 months and never looked like this before. Parameters are good. Nothing has changed in my dosing etc. this is how he looks now and the 2nd picture is 24 hours ago. Open & happy. I am worried he looks awful. Any suggestions would be helpful. P.S. Been like this all day not just as light going down.
image.jpg
image.jpg

It could be that it's just having a shitty Monday. First thing I check is alk then calcium then mag then trates trites and ammonia if all are in order give it a day or to then repeat.

First thing I did. All good readings. We had just done a 250ltr change if doesn't improve today i will double check all test. Thanks

Was
Nice fox face.
open a bit more yesterday. But still not normal Infact he was open a little till i did my normal nopox dose and closed up really quickly. Have been nopoxing for 5 months ?? Any opinions on nopox ? That little foxy has only been in tank for a couple of days. He has settled in really well and has nice color.

HI, our elegance coral came back to life a couple of days later with an extra mouth...yipee. But unfortunatey the little foxy you see in the photo died suddenly.
Was swimming and looked like a very happy member of the tank, ate seaweed at 2pm yesterday and by 7pm that night he was dead ?
No idea what happened. I am very sad. He was a great little guy. Only had him for 2 weeks but such a confident litte fishy.

Elegance corals DO NOT like low alkalinity or low calcium, not one little bit. Make sure they stay on the higher side of normal, also, strontium should be kept up for them.

In a few months I'll be posting my finding on Indo Elegance corals. I bought 4 boxes of smalls out of Indo after everyone was Debbie Downer on how bad they were doing from there. These 48 have been in my system now for 9 months with no losses.

Elegance corals DO NOT like low alkalinity or low calcium, not one little bit. Make sure they stay on the higher side of normal, also, strontium should be kept up for them.

In a few months I'll be posting my finding on Indo Elegance corals. I bought 4 boxes of smalls out of Indo after everyone was Debbie Downer on how bad they were doing from there. These 48 have been in my system now for 9 months with no losses.
You have 48 elegance? Holy shit batman.

Can they touch eachother? The elegance is what I mean. I sold mine back to the pet store because I'm doing more sticks vs mixed, that elegance would eat the frogspawns sweepers. They are quite potent

Yes, Elegance can touch. One thing to also remember with elegance corals is they live on their sides, not up and down with the top pointing up. I still have connections in the trade, I exploited them for this experiment. :D

Back