Elegance Coral

This is out Eric Bornemans book,Aquarium Corals.
They perfer gentle current that does not lift them out of the substrate.They should be placeed on the sand.

I did read that. It also says that most of them die. Thats why I wanted one. Im always trying to prove them wrong.

It depends on where yours comes from. I know that in the last few years, there has been a mysterious disease circulating amongst elegance corals. The disease is what has been killing most of them. I believe the ones from Australia are the healthiest ones, and the ones most likely to survive. Elegance corals taken from other locations have a pretty poor survival rate.

I just recently purchased two of them from reefhotspot, about $80 each. One is doing well. but the other one died within two weeks. They are difficult.

Yeah i did. Dont worry Yote theres gonna be a whole slu of pics tonight. Im picking up my acro frags today and your gonna :pooh: your pants when you see them.

my elegance died within two weeks also, not sure why it died. everything else in tank is doing great, when i put mine in it also expanded nicely. i think its just one of them hit or miss corals.

Biff is right that the ones from austalia do much better.

place in sand and lower light and we will cross our fingers for you. I had one once for almost two years, it was growing and doing wonderful (then a fish decided it was tasty)

Can hardly wait for pics... oh wait this is Big promising pics... I am begining to think you don't actually have the tank anymore. Come one Big the gig's up. Admit it.

You guys are brutal. Here are the pics from my ficticious tank.

SPSPics009.jpg

SPSPics008.jpg

SPSPics007.jpg

SPSPics006.jpg

I think theres room for a few more in there, Thanks. But hey the tank doesn't exist so next time ill imagine they arent there. :)

Back