Engineer Goby experiences?

So does that mean even if i return to put one the same size as him in there with him, or the original one he was in the same tank with 5 days ago, cuz my sister went to a different LFS, he will always be adhesive with them?

Honestly every fish is going to be different, you may get lucky but chances are you're stuck with just that one now.

Thank you so much for the response. I think he is awesome, and i heard they were best in pairs, but I don't want anymore fish to die. Do you think he'll be ok by himself then?

It's hit or miss. I had two of them in my 55g for a while. One was about 8" and the other was like 3.5". I got the larger one about 3-4 months prior to getting the smaller one. When the smaller one went in, they squabbled for about two days, and then proceeded to share the same cave, poking heads out at the same time. It was very cute, unfortunately, the smaller one got a little too curious next to a 1,000 gph ph and found out the hard way that it was a bad idea :(. One of my personal favorite fish. It's a riot to watch him grab a hermit and pull it down into his cave, then a minute later you see the hermit come trudging out, in a huff. Then, to the hermit's dismay, the engineer grabs him again haha. Very comical :mrgreen:

I've seen mine about 6 or 7 times in the past couple years. It has grown to over 12" long. It likes to burrow and shift the rocks to the bottom of the tank. Looks cool when it comes out to eat, sort of like an eel. Definitely a shy fish.

Back