Eric's 220G Reef Build Progress

Eric Noa

Reefing newb
The building planning has officially began! I have been designing the interior of my living room this past couple of days to see how the tank is gonna look once everything is finished (long time from now). This is just a vision of what I want everything to look and hopefully it comes out how I envisioned it. I don't have much space to work with because the back wall is 10 feet and 4 inches long and the tank with stand will be around 6 feet and 2 inches long that leaves me with 2 feet and 1 inch on each side of the tank. The space you see in the design is actually what I have left on each size because I made everything to scale. I decided to design the Canopy/hood all the way to the roof because personally I like how it looks and also because I plan on installing 1 or 2 extractor fans to help remove the humidity and heat from the lights along with possibly a couple of fans. Once I start making the stand and building everything along with the plumbing of the tank I will update this thread.

Now I need to figure out how to move my current tank which is in that spot so that I can start building the stand and canopy whenever I have time. I can build the stand somewhere else and then just put it there but the Canopy/hood will have to be attach to the wall/ceiling so it needs to be builded in that spot..

Here are some pictures of what it looks now and what it will hopefully look in the next couple of months.

My designer skills aren't so sharp but you get the picture, this is actually the fist thing I've ever designed.

Current:

101.jpg

My vision:

103-2.jpg

102-2.jpg

101-2.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome Eric! Now hurry up and get it built ;)

Hahaha thanks... This is going to be a slow build, but it is said that great things come with patience or something like that lol :D

Thats pretty sweet! The sunshine through that window doesnt mess with your tank?

there is a lanai outside of that window that is pretty big and that II did not incorporate in the design(me being lazy) so there is no direct sunlight coming inside the house.

Can't wait to see your vision come to be. Looks like a large project and will be worth all the time.

thanks andesoned! it is going to be a large project in which I will need to take my time to plan everything carefully so that everything turns out great!

a new tank and a new ceiling fan ;) rock on!

You forgot Skimmer, pumps, sump, rock, sand, fish, lights, etc lol :^:

Eric, I'm assuming that the section to the right is the return? You might want to think about this, the small you make that section the more often you'll have to top off your tank to keep your return pump submerged. You can probably cut down on the skimmer and refug sections to make more space. Also IMO you should move the bubble trap after the skimmer, not before.

Did your TV used to be where your fish tank is currently? Sorry, can't help myself.

No, if you asked because of the speakers those speakers are the rear speakers of the surround sound! It doesn't matter that the speakers aren't level because the surround sound system its a Bose Lifestyle System and the speakers synchronized with each other, they don't even have to be be in the same section of the house.

Here is where the TV has always been!

102-3.jpg

101-3.jpg

Note: Those are not the tiles of the house, I just used some that were available in the Design program because I did not felt like creating the tiles lol

Last edited:
No, if you asked because of the speakers those speakers are the rear speakers of the surround sound! It doesn't matter that the speakers aren't level because the surround sound system its a Bose Lifestyle System and the speakers synchronized with each other, they don't even have to be be in the same section of the house.

That statement isn't accurate...but that's ok... I'm a Bose certified installer. You've spent alot of money on a system that isn't doing it's job.. It looks like it was semi-professionally done, but the speakers aren't pointed properly. Bose lifestyle cube speakers are direct reflecting speakers.Do this...it'll change the sound dramatically. Then run the AdaptIQ again. No reason to spend 2 g's on a system that doesn't work.

Bose Direct/Reflecting Speaker Technology

In the photo take the cube speaker on the right, and turn the bottom almost directly at the outside wall, point the top toward the sofa on the left...

Take the cube on the left side of the photo and point the bottom cube toward the ear of the person sitting in the couch on the right, take the top cube and point it at the ear of the sofa on the left.

Do the same thing with the fronts...then turn the center speaker into a V.

That statement isn't accurate...but that's ok... I'm a Bose certified installer. You've spent alot of money on a system that isn't doing it's job.. It looks like it was semi-professionally done, but the speakers aren't pointed properly. Bose lifestyle cube speakers are direct reflecting speakers.Do this...it'll change the sound dramatically. Then run the AdaptIQ again. No reason to spend 2 g's on a system that doesn't work.

Bose Direct/Reflecting Speaker Technology

In the photo take the cube speaker on the right, and turn the bottom almost directly at the outside wall, point the top toward the sofa on the left...

Take the cube on the left side of the photo and point the bottom cube toward the ear of the person sitting in the couch on the right, take the top cube and point it at the ear of the sofa on the left.

Do the same thing with the fronts...then turn the center speaker into a V.

Thank you for letting me know. I guess the Bose installer did a really bad job in installing and explaining me how everything worked. I tried what you said and I'll let you know the results.

Back