Erin's tineh tank EXTRAVAGANZA!

See... that was my thought, too. But this is the second bulb to crap out on me. So I'm starting to think fixture. Would the fixture mess with a bulb bad enough to cause it to misbehave in any other fixture I've tried?

If it's a par38 I highly doubt that the fixture would damage it. They are designed to fit standard E26/E27 sockets. How old is the bulb?

I'm going to have to ask Dana the manufacturer. It's the one he sent me.

And that was kind of my thought, Amba. Less than six months.

If the fixture was not rated correctly it could have fried the bulb. I use to ignore the recommended bulb size on lamps all the time. Until I caught one on fire...Anyway electricity does some strange shit.Over power or under powered could have caused a bad connection in the unit itself..Was this the same fixture as the last bulb? If it is then the common denominator is the fixture...Unfortunately means a new bulb and a new fixture or a different light completely... Sorry....

Found you some lights!
544690_546632175366240_2016983993_n.jpg

You smartass, MCR :razz:

And if a new fixture and a new bulb/new lights all together is what I need then I am royally fucked.

I really don't think it would be the fixture, I would put more money on the bulb. I think worst case, you would have to get a new bulb; I think PAR38 run at ~$100.

You smartass, MCR :razz:

And if a new fixture and a new bulb/new lights all together is what I need then I am royally fucked.
well....I dunno, maybe we can figure something out. We cant have your tank not having lights...

Well the bulb still isn't working. Not that I thought it would magically fix itself.

The fixture its in is just a regular pendant light kit.

I have to get with Dana still about the bulb and stuff. I was moving the past few days and I know he's moving the next few.

Speaking of moving... We're all settled at the new place. Tank was the last thing that was moved. I lost my little green banded goby and my acans and frogspawn are looking ridiculously pissed off.

Also I won't have proper internet until Tuesday... And I hate this site on my phone. But

Back