Estimate for tank

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
So I'm just getting ideas, but if I go with a 50 gallon I'll need to have it mapped out first.

I'll get a tank and have it drilled with one hole for $20

NE Pro T5 $284.70

Macro Rock, 50 lbs of dry Spaghetti Rock $91.25
spacer.gif
then I'll buy some live rock to seed it with, not a bunch though. The 50 lbs is weighed dry, so they said it's actually about 1.5 lbs wet.

Coralife Super Skimmer $50

Stand $100

Now I need help with the other things I'll need, I want to plumb the tank to a sump, not sure how big of one I should have or how it should be designed and cost.

I will also use Arganite Sand, not sure how much I need, won't get live so I can buy cost.

Additional Powerheads?

I already have additives.
Have water.

$6 for Chemi Pure

Chaeto-Free

All your help would be appreciated thanks!

Just like I said on the other forum. but I forgot about the powerhead, add 1 or two depending on your return pump GPH. I would aim for at least 5x the turnover ratio to your tank size.

You can very easily make your own sump. All you need is a aquarium and plexiglass or glass for the baffles. Plus silicone. Lowes will cut the plexiglass for you free. There are quite a few in the tank threads.

I read somewhere on here that a pound a gallon will get you a 2" sand bed...I think. Someone correct me if Im wrong please.

with the sand bed, it really depends on how thick you want it to be. I have 4 inches behind the rockwork and anywhere from an inch to 2 inches in the front but I have a plenum on my fuge which is about 6 inches.

can anyone show me what it looks like when you can your tank drilled how it is plumbed to the sump. What parts to you need besides a return pump and what return pump should I get Price estimates would help also

Where did you get that price for the Nova Extreme Pro? The one I just bought was $295.99+ tax which is competitive with Live Aquaria's price without the shipping cost.

Ok real question, I want to be unlimited in a 20-40 gallon tank.
For all of these I would need to buy bulbs.

Tek T-5 Retrofit 4x24 w $180

Teklight T5 Lighting Fixture
Size: 24"L x 11"W x 2.5"H
Lamps: 4
Watts: 24
Weight: 20 lb $220.00

150W IceCap HQI Retro Kit with Retrofit HQI reflector
$170
250W IceCap HQI Retro Kit with Retrofit HQI reflector

$170

Or
Viper HQI Clamp Lamp