Evil Maroon Clownfish!!!!!

Tristan

Detritus
I just found that my clownfish has been picking on my flying scallops tentacles!!!! i caught him picking one of his last tentacles!! I need to find a new home for this mean clownfish quick because he's not doing to well in my aquarium. he attacks everything!

Will my scallop grow new tentacles and survive? i still see him closing and opening his mouth.

without his tentacles? might just die anyway. would i have to reacclimate him to the ocean? lol plus its hard to remove him without damaging his foot, or moving a whole bunch of rock. Do you guys really think i should put mr scallop back in the ocean?

Im suspecting it was the clownfish that also bit off some of the blenny's dorsal fin

I guess that he's been in the tank by himself for so long that he thinks he owns EVERYTHING

Last edited:
I dont beleave that your scallope has a foot but I could be mistaken:frustrat: How long have you had him? most scallops dont survive longer then 6 months to a year in an aquarium .:shock:

her or him whatever gender lol

Clownfish change genders! They are all born as males, but when they become adults, the largest and the most dominant one become a female. The second largest one becomes the breeding male. If the breeding female disappears, the breeding male will change to a female.

This is why i refuse to give my clowns 'his' and 'hers' towels.

I dont beleave that your scallope has a foot but I could be mistaken:frustrat: How long have you had him? most scallops dont survive longer then 6 months to a year in an aquarium .:shock:

maybe 3 weeks or something, my clownfish had been trying to host him since i put him in. then bit off his tentacles. well ive seen the scallop attach itself to a rock.. i dont know if its actually called a foot, but it looks more like little tentacles in the back of his shell, i hear if you damage that by pulling him off, he will die for sure

Last edited:
Back