Exoskeleton?

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
I had a thought, and thinking of dead fish in my tank, what should I do when my shrimps and so forth shed? should I just leave it in the tank, or will it cause my nitrates to go up?

Also, I have pictures at home (im at uni atm) but I think i found a baby snail! my turbo snails must be getting busy. It was tiny, just a little bit bigger than a pin head!

also my sea cucumbers are good at scaring the shit out of me, they were partly wedged under a rock and looked dead, even when I took them out from there! but they were moving a few minutes after... phew.. but is that normal for them?

Thanks
Josh

You can leave the exoskeleton in there, it won't raise the trates...something will eat it...
That's a good sign to see baby snails, that means they are happy...there's more of them in there...
Yeah, that's kinda normal from a cucumber, they're known for getting into various craters, nooks and crannys.

haha good, didnt think they would but thought I should double check!

and thats ok that the cucumbers get a bit stuck? should i leave them at all times? or help them move out of that spot if they look stuck?

It was a shock to see that little snail! but im happy things are going well :D gonna have to search for me i think

ohhh ok fair enough, ive seen how they move but he hadnt moved for a full day, and when I moved him, was limp and rolling around in the current and then 2 minutes later, started eating!

I've got two in my tank, and the smaller one NEVER moves but, he's eating and I'll see him :pooh: once in a while

cucumbers are one of my most favorite things but i'm so nervous about getting one :p

don't worry about them ever getting stuck, its like a one in a bazillion chance its stuck... if you try to take it out it'll prolly spit his guts out at ya and ya don't really want that.. uber sticky and gross lol.

haha, so far, ive picked them up a few times and no gut spitting :P mine are quite trained. but they arent very special looking, just a couple of black turds! :P

Back