Fast's Frag Tanks

Still don't have anything in the tanks as of right now. However I did get an email last night from RapidLED.com telling me the hood is done, and the 24 hour burn is complete on it. I pick it up the first of next week and can get started. I think in the mean time I may start cycling the other tank to get it ready to go as well.

Lord knows I have frags all over my display tank :frustrat:

Okay, so the last week I have been concentrating on the frag tanks. I really need to get my DT cleaned up and keep my hands out of it.

Here is a shot of the new one, up and running in the garage.
IMG_4094.jpg

The light fixture I fabricated. 2 Par 38 bulbs mounted through Plexi. I used an old T.V. wall mount and turned it upside down, drilled some mounting holes, and now it swings out of the way when I need it to.
IMG_4093.jpg

The 24 JBJ in my kitchen that was originally going to be a zoa garden, is now going to be frag tank number 2.
IMG_4097.jpg

And here is the light I picked up yesterday from Rapid LED. It is a custom hood, 12 white, 6Royal Blue, and 6 blue, with 3 cooling fans all mounted in the original JBJ hood.
IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

Now all that is left is making a few more frag racks, and getting them filled.

Fast you never stop amazing me with your mods I don't think I'd of though to use the tv wall mount like that...

Yeah, it's kinda funky, but way more functionable than had I made some stationary hanger, or used wire. It will swing 45 degrees in either direction so it moves quite a bit.

Yeah, it's kinda funky, but way more functionable than had I made some stationary hanger, or used wire. It will swing 45 degrees in either direction so it moves quite a bit.

As long as it dose what you need and want I call that a major win.... Hmmm do I smell a patent under way LOL :D

As long as it dose what you need and want I call that a major win.... Hmmm do I smell a patent under way LOL :D

HAHA, no, no patent on the way, but it was really fun to make. I spent a while last night building the frag racks as well. God, I miss being a carpenter more than I thought :grumble:

HAHA, no, no patent on the way, but it was really fun to make. I spent a while last night building the frag racks as well. God, I miss being a carpenter more than I thought :grumble:

Yeah I miss my tools to build/fabricate/mod things. Between my ex and my car getting jacked over the summer I'm lucky to have the tools in my tech bag left... So vary much need to once again replace tools that walk away from theft or failure to return and end up lost. Or other means...

Finally began to fill one of the tanks yesterday. I still have a full day of fragging to get this up and full, but here is some of the stuff on shitty fly by photos.

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

Back