Favorite Fish Ever?

for all those (piggy) with a tank big enough to want to try a great fish that is quite reef safe, go with a majestic angel. Clams are out but that is really the only restriction. They ignore corals and are incredible fish. Worth a look for a tank 100+ gallons (piggy)

-Doc

I had to do a goggle search just to see what one looked like. That is one very pretty fish. Is that all it'll eat is sponges and tunicates?

I had to do a goggle search just to see what one looked like. That is one very pretty fish. Is that all it'll eat is sponges and tunicates?

It is an amazing fish. They are average as far as hardiness. What makes them tricky is getting them to eat when they are introduced into a tank. If they have super aggressive tankmates, they might hide and not come out to eat and then they may die. I have tried them three times and each time, they started eating, but they got beat up by their over aggressive tankmates, which is what makes them great for a reef tank with passive fish. Even tangs are OK companions, if the majestic is the same size as they are and added with an additional fish as fodder. If they get stressed, they can get sick, just like any other fish.

Getting them to eat is easy. They LOVE san francisco brand food: angel and butterfly preparations. Of the three I have owned, all three ate within the first week and all of them enjoyed eating that food. The great part about that food is that it has sponge in it to trigger the feeding response.

They totally ignore SPS and Soft corals. They will eat clams and might nip at an occasional meaty LPS but if they are large corals, it will not make a difference and when you see it, drop in a bit of food and it stops for the day. They are great for a reef tank and so beautiful. I would add one in my angel tank, but I am pushing it with 4... ;-)

-Doc

I dont know i think that we should protect our oceans and stuff so im a hippie but then i hunt squirells and groundhogs ???

so, if I had one of these it would be my favorite:

Gem Tang...
zebrasoma_gemmatum.jpg

Turns out it's only $2,995 bucks...I mean if I had an extra 3 grand in my pocket, that's what I would get!

but out of the fish I have, I really like my blue linkia starfish cause I can't decide btwn the fish

Hibye you would definately be a Neo-Hippy bleeding heart liberal! haha Probably a representative of Vermont or New Hampshire.

Even if I was rich I wouldn't spend 3,000$ on gemtang/purple tang with ich.

And for the political thing I dont know what I am yet ? And if i could vote i probaly would vote for Mccain becuase I know sombody who is in the army and he told my dad who told me that there was like only 100 Obama supprters in the middle east while every one else booed him off stage. But then again Mcain sorta scares me and he flipflops sometimes.

$3k on a fish, yikes. Not for me! If a $7 fish doesn't survive in my tank I get upset, if a $3k fish died I think I would be beyond devastated.

Even if I was rich I wouldn't spend 3,000$ on gemtang/purple tang with ich.
quote]

:lol: you're right - people are usually worried about lots of white spots on their fish - not paying extra for them...

hahaha! so right! I could just get a cheaper tang and when it got ich pretend it was a Gem...fish stores could be rollin in dough if they could pass that one off, huh?

Back