Feed back on stunners?

mcmusashi5

Octopus Wizard
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ciOI3Ez5nw]YouTube - ‪ecoxotic Stunner LED Strips | FosterAndSmithAquatics.com‬‏[/ame] any feedback?

I've had one of the original actinic blue stunners for around 9 months. Been very happy with it.

I've never used T5s so I can't make that direct comparison. I can say that the one 12" strip was pretty overpowered by my Power Compacts (2x96w) making the change pretty subtle. When just the LED is on, it was able to reach all the way down to the sand bed...but I don't own a PAR meter to know how effective.

Now, I only have 1 12" stunner on my 36" fixture. Now that they have 36" stunners I think that would be better.

These are only 1watt LEDs with no optics, I don't think a single strip would come close to a T5 bulb

What tank are you looking to hang these over? Is it to supplement existing lights, or will they be the only lights?

im planning to add them to a biocube 29. unless i can find a better lighting mod option im probably going with these. i hear and see alot of stuff about the power compacts not being enough

Back