Feeding

mono19

Reefing newb
Here is another question I would like to throw out there. I'm trying to figure out what and how often I should be feeding. I work 9-5 Monday's thru Fridays and I want to enjoy my fish, so I have my blues turn on at 11:00 my HOA comes on at 12:00 that goes off at 8:00 and the blues go off at 9, then the LEDs kick in. I feed the tank around 5:30 when I get home. They get a cube of mysis shrimp some pellet and flake food....I was just wondering if i need to feed more then once? Maybe change my lighting schedule so I can? Or if I need different food.

I've got 3-4 blue green chromis, can't find the 4th.
One clown, firefish goby, and a citrus clown goby. My tank is like a 56 gallon cubeish shape from petsmart.

Thank you in advance.

I feed my fish once per day. I have 2 clowns, a damsel, and a lawnmower blenny. It takes me abt a week to go through a whole cube.

How do I know if I feed my fish too little? or too much?

A 1/4 cube every other day would be plenty for those fish.
Fish by nature are programmed to eat when ever food is available because food is scarce in the wild.So they'll actually expel the very nutrients they need just to keep eating.In the wild that isn't a problem,but it becomes a big problem very quick in an enclosed environment.

Back